Thread: Cannot close windows live account

Cannot close windows live account

I a having windows live account one i use for paid services also. But when i want to close my window live account i get an error for while and the message it gets disappear and i am unable to close it. i have try it many of the time. My old account did not gave me this kind of issues while closing. I completely don't know what is the real problem is, so that i can not make out any solution on this. If anyone know about this then please reply me. Any suggestion will appreciate, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nightingale7; 27-10-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Go to the http://account.live.com, then type your windows live id and password to sign in it. Then go to the setting option and click on the close your account, after clicking on it you will get a message about the confirmation of closing, after clicking on yes. In the password box enter your password and then again click OK, after clicking you will again receive a message that says cannot close edited@hotmail.com then tap on the “close your Microsoft account”, and then at the end, click on the close my account to close your account. After closing account you will get a message about confirmation of closing.

There can be many reasons behind this issues and may your windows live account is associated with Microsoft email account, because of that you cannot close your windows live account. So for closing your account you first have to close your Microsoft email account and then after that I think you can easily close your account. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I have gone through you question and from that I come to know that Microsoft points account and many of the paid services are linked to your account only because these you are unable to close it. I advice you that for closing your windows live account first you have to close your Microsoft point account and also you have to cancel all of your services immediately. So that you can close your account.

I was having the same issues with my windows live account, then I directly made contact with the windows Live ID Team for closing my account. I believe that you should contact with them to close your account. Visit the site http://support.live.com and then select the windows live id, at the left panel click on your topic and then click get support , and then fill the e-form and select click submit. And by doing so windows live id team will immediately contact with you.