Thread: USB Hub to Ethernet not working

USB Hub to Ethernet not working

Guys, I want to connect a powered 4-port usb hub to my Macbook Air. From the ports which are available to it, one is connected to the Ethernet cable and other is connected to my printer. My problem is that the printer is working without any problem but the Ethernet is not working. I tried to connect the Ethernet cable directly to the USB port on the Macbook then I found it working properly. When I tried it on another machine then I found it working properly. Do you have any idea about this kthat5 why this is happening to me? If you have any suggestion or any idea about this then please post it over here. This will be helpful to me and all other users who are surfing for this solution. Thank you!!!

USB port problem.

Have you tried the Ethernet adapter to all the port that is available on it? If not then try it on other ports. There is possibility that the port that you are using may be corrupted and therefore it is having the problem with the connection. You can also try some different USB hub. There is possibility that there is compatibility issue with hub. I think that you are using the USB2 hub and not the USB1 hub. You will find that USB1 hub is not fast sufficient for even 100Mb Ethernet. Most printers are slower than the USB1 therefore USB1 hub is working for the printer well but not for the Ethernet. I hope that it will help you to solve the problem.

Re: USB Hub to Ethernet not working

I am also having somewhat similar problem with that. I don’t have much knowledge about computers. USB ports have stopped working in my laptop. There is power port but I found that the laptop is not able to detect any device. I changed all the simple stuffs. The Ethernet port is still working well for me so I want to know that if I buy any new that can connect to my laptop then the devices that are plugged into my laptop will work or not. Please help me. Any helpful suggestion from anybody will be really appreciative. Thanks.

Reinstall the USB Driver

There is possibility that the primary USB hub onboard which is there on the motherboard may be died but that is unusual in your case because all the other things are working fine. You can try this. Just to the Device Manager control panel and there you have to check for the Universal Serial Bus controller and clarify that none of them is marked as not working properly. If there is a yellow sign on any of the USB then that indicated that it is not working properly and have some problem. If that is the case then you have to simply reinstall the driver for it and this will work for you. If the USB board on your board is short then none of the [port will work for you and you have to make use of expansion card.

Re: USB Hub to Ethernet not working

You can try the simple steps given below to solve the problem.
    1. First of all click on the Start menu and select the Control panel.
    2. In the control panel select Performance and Maintenance. You will be able to see that in category view.
    3. It will open a small window with different tabs. Select the Hardware Tab.
    4. Select the Device Manager and click on the “+“sign which is in front of Universal Serial Bus.
    5. Right click on all of them one by one and uninstall them.
    6. After that Reboot the system.
    7. Once it starts again then it will automatically detect all the hardware that is attached to it and will install them automatically.

This will solve the USB port problems.