Thread: Unable to attach yahoo files

Unable to attach yahoo files

One day when i am trying to attach file from my yahoo id, I cant. I mean i am not able to attach files in my yahoo. Its show me the error message that, sorry there is some problem to attaching your file. Here i am trying to attaching my Resume file, I thought there is some mistake in file, so i attach another file, But i cant attach it also. I am currently using avg anti virus. I also check my anti virus, it is also updated and working properly . So i really don't no what exactly the problem is?? So please someone help me to solve my problem if possible...
    Last edited by Gun-master; 25-10-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Re: Unable to attach yahoo files

Yes i also had same problem. You know what actually happens is : yahoo Mail service offer a wonderful security settings whereby some attachments containing viruses are not permitted to be uploaded and sent to others. As you already said that you already check your anti virus. so i advice you to restart your system once. Because some time there is mistake with system also. After doing this make sure is whether the file you are trying to attach does not have any virus or Trojan bug. Also check whether the file is not too large for upload.
    If there is no trouble with virus affection, then find to your Attachment settings, you will get to know undoubtedly that why you unable to get the file attachment uploaded. Go to Tools - Option - Security tab, check whether the attribute 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or executed that could have a virus' is enabled or not. If it is enabled, that just disable it, because this is why this real problem is being knowledgeable.

It is because of some server mistakes. Wait for a moment, try after a short periods and you must be able to attach or send the files. Yahoo server is fully loaded so sometimes it works very slowly and we have to countenance such type of problems. There may be virus in your computer but i think its not the issue, because you already said that you checked it. But i am suggest you once more check your anti virus and check firewall also. Because sometimes firewall also creates some problem. which may also cause so. After doing this Once again scan your file properly which you trying to attach and remove all browsing files and fresh the disks. This must help you to sort out your problem.

First thing, Always make certain that you are attaching the files correctly. After you have logged into your Yahoo account and start composing any message, follow the instructions to insert an attachment:

1. First Click on the 'Attach Files' option placed above the compose window.
    2. After this just click on the 'Browse' button and choose a file you want to attach.
    3. After you have selected a file, then click on 'Attach Files' button to attach it to your message.
    4. You will then observe a file attachment verification page that will permit you to remove an attachment, if required, by clicking on the 'Remove link.
    5. After doing this click on the 'Done' button to attach the selected file.
    6. To insert multiple attachments, you can do the same steps mention above.

So this are some steps how you can attach any files properly. And yes always remember that you unable to attach a same file many times to the same email message.

hi from athens greece!
    ...the problem is in the "new" yahoo. Just switch to Yahoo! Mail Classic.
    (you'll find it in the top right of the Yahoo window: Options > Mail Classic)
    Switch to Mail classic, attach your files and send. Then you can switch back again to the "all new yahoo-mail".

I have also heard that the Yahoo and Chrome every now had problems ... do not forget that Yahoo and Google are not just "buddies ".... make sure you have the latest version of Yahoo because as many say that the problem is a known bug and should therefore be fixed soon. So better keep in touch with the updated version.