Thread: USB Ethernet adapter & Plug-n-play on Macbook Air

USB Ethernet adapter & Plug-n-play on Macbook Air

I am using my Macbook Air since last four month and have only used an Airport connection for surfing through the World Wide Web. Now i have roamed to the japan and i am having an ethernet cable here at my hotel room. I have bought an A-dapter but it is not getting recognized by my macbook. There is only an option for an Airport connection. What setting do i need to do in order to get the an ethernet working from this hotel room?

Re: USB Ethernet adapter & Plug-n-play on Macbook Air

More or less the same problem with ethernet. I am connected to work on the university network (also in English forums, on the same problem, I realized that it is often the case. Do these networks may have problems and Grill cards ?) and my Macbook sometimes decides to ignore my ethernet card, so, without warning. As I can not really separate myself from my machine to send it in for repair (motherboard change), so I wait. The weird thing is when I turn the macbook in all directions, often sure it works. By cons, does anyone know that will quibble with the manual configuration of Ethernet be able to make some changes or not?

I have this problem with the Router Dir 655 D-Link, in the operation "wireless". Sometimes the Airport indicator in the top bar on the Dock is black to indicate that everything runs smoothly. Except that it is impossible to connect me with my MacBook, so that I can achieve with portable windows. The solution I use is as follows.
    1. Have a clone on another drive (and accept that this clone the ethernet connection when you cloned).
    2. Or just clone 2a-records "library room and System" with CCC. 2b-clone with SuperDuper.
    It works fine with me. I still do not know why.

Either it's like in Europe and the ISP provided you a username and pass dpi and you configure a PPPoE connection, or the router is a client dhcp. The MAC will not help you too for the configuration, the thing you need to know is whether you need credentials dpi or not, and if the ISP has provided you. After it is better to go with an ethernet crossover cable (or switch and cables rights if you have multiple machines on a network, although for the cisco I guess it makes auto MDI / X and probably the same for the card so macbook it's not a pb), USB really sucks now.

I have seen the same issue discussed on many forums about the macbooks and have found that the most probably this issue arrives due to the lack of the drivers for the hardware which you are connecting to your macbook's usb port. There could be an issue with an usb port as well so i would like to check that drivers for the usb as well. Most of the users have solved their problem by using installing the latest drivers on their macbook.