Thread: Internet Problem

Internet Problem

hello friends, I just recently had a virus break and scanned my PC with an anti-virus s/w. I was able to bond to the Internet after i vacant the virus. I had norton past so got clear of it completely. And Now I installed all the Microsoft updates. And for some cause i am not able to connect to Internet. I tried eliminating the update as one friend recommended. I undertake every possible DOS Command to reset, and renew my IP Address. I checked all the forums and did the whole thing possible with Internet and Windows firewall options. But still having problem. Please someone help me?????

Re: Internet Problem

Hi friend, I have some ideas to solve your problem. I guess this following steps must help you to sort out your problem. Try this.
    1. First just reset your IE (Internet Explorer) settings.
    2. After doing this Right-click on IE, Properties, Click on Advanced, Click on Reset.
    3. Next right click on the IE icon, then click on Properties, click on Connections tab, click on LAN settings option. In that uncheck all the options, if you observe any option chosen.

Here some tips for you. Try this, your problem must solve. When you try to use a Windows XP Internet based application, such as Microsoft Windows Media Player or assist and Support Center, and you are by means of a broadband connection that has an recognized connection either to a broadband contributor or to an ISP (Internet Service Provider) that uses proxy services, the Windows XP program may not identify the active connection. You may take delivery of either an error message that says 'The destination is unreachable' or a prompt that request you to make or configure the Internet connection.

Some time you are try trying to do something and something else is happens. If you are using broadband connection than i have some steps to solve your problem. The connection settings for the broadband connection to permit mechanical detection: Try this,
    1. Click on Start button and run Internet Explorer.
    2. After doing this step click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options which you get at the bottom of the tools menu.
    3. Then Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN (Virtual Private Network)Settings, click the broadband connection, Click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings. At the end Click OK.
    I guess this will must sort out your problem.

I also had the same problem. Then my friend gave me some tips and i tried that tips, Its really working. So you also try this if your problem get solve. There could be a virus that changes the BIOS settings and masses a network remote terminal connection. This virus was twisted by the gov. It does not permit you to flash the BIOS. To solve the issue somehow wait for the updates they are trying to supply for the NTLDR (is the boot loader for all liberate of Microsoft). To try to fix it just do the following. Do not connect to LAN and boot windows. Connect to a LAN and download your DMI file from your factory download website for your PC. Download an easy to utilize ISO burning software. Run your DMI file and burn into a CD the content of the ISO file formed by using your burning software. Have a CD that allows you to run fdisk (fixed disk) to wipe out your partitions. You require to work in DOS or you require the windows recovery disk. I tried fdisk to turn one partition lively after demolishing partitions. Make the partition NTFS or FAT32, Here i suggest to make a partition in NTFS. This is the way how you get to the bottom of your problem.