Thread: MTNL Broadband: Issue on Triband speed

MTNL Broadband: Issue on Triband speed

I have a Dell computer with the internet facility, for that using the MTNL broadband service. It best one to use the internet at your home. I am at the starting I was getting the 512 KBPS speed. But now the speed is reduced now it gives 256 KBPS, to browse the page and to download the content speed is 28KBPS. I am using the Triband connection of the MTNL. Is there anyone facing the similar issue with the internet speed? Any information in how to increase the speed of the broadband, will be greatly appreciated….

Re: MTNL Broadband: Issue on Triband speed

Most of the broadband connections are deal the speed with the kilobyte or KBPS and the Megabyte or MBPS, it calculates in the per second. And in the download the speed is measured with the KB or MB per second. It calculates as the 8 bits in 1 byte. The standard broadband connections are degrading the speed in order to use the telephone lines to access the internet, regarding the length of the cable. Most telephone broadband connections are caused for the slow speed. For that I suggest you run the speed tester, which is known as the Broadband speed test by using the post card of the internet.

If you are using the broadband connection through the extension cable, then I like to suggest you to disconnect the extension cable from the router, because some of the extension cable are caused for the slow connectivity, though they creating the interference in the line of the internet connection. There is only way to solve the problem, just ditch the telephone extension cable and directly connect it with the socket of the phone set. And use the Ethernet cable to make the connection between the machine and the router. Ethernet cable will not degrade the speed of the internet. I had the similar issue with my internet connection and after do this, it is ok now, It was giving me 256KBPS speed after the degrade of the speed and now it gives me 2MBPS. So using the Ethernet cable instead of the telephone extension cable will be helpful to speed up the internet service.

If the internet service is conducting by the telephone extension cable make sure that the length of the cable should be less. There are some tangled and the coiled extension cable are available in the market. So if you are using these cable then replace it with a high quality cable to connect with the router and the machine. Because some of the coiled cables are sometimes caused for the slow speed of the internet or the dropping of the connection. you can test that whether there is the cable problem or anything else by connect the cable into the master socket of the router. If you still not getting the high speed then be sure that the problem is on the extension cable and it will only overcome by replacing it. Some of the applications which are running on the background of the machine are quietly using with the broadband connection, like the installing the updates that are required for the machine or the connection and the uploading the data. Make sure that all the application are shut down while you are using the internet service. Using a large number of the browsing widow will also reduce the speed, so open the desired tab in the browser those are necessary.

The Anti-virus software that you using in the machine, make it all time updated, to prevent the attack of the affective virus or any other infection like the Trojan and the worms that are come from the internet, because some of t5he cases are happens for the worms o the different web-sites. And for that also the speed of the internet may reduce, it can also slow down your whole system. If the router that you are using is the wireless then protect the wireless network to provide the password, which will help to prevent from the hacking of the network. By the password protection you can ride free on the network and make the experience of high bandwidth. I suggest you to do not use the router’s wireless network, use only the adapters configuration interface.

Make sure that the internet service provides is not capped the usage of the band width that you have. It happens sometimes because some of the users are already use the usage that they have before the time, if did same thing then you will get the lower speed after using the allotted bandwidth into your internet plan. As per my knowledge the ISP will inform the user if they do this by email or phone call. If you are using the phone line for the other purpose also like the FAX, dialog box then except the internet connection all the service should be access from the Microtifilter, this utility is very much useful to connect more than one device in a single port. It will prevent to make inference of any other device while you accessing the internet service. The Microfilter is supplied by some of the ISP.