Thread: MTNL Broadband: can't browse some web-sites?

MTNL Broadband: can't browse some web-sites?

Recently bought a HP laptop compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. Featured with the wifi connection, using the MTNL broadband into my home to access the internet, which is works great. It is very easy to access the internet. The problem is there are some of the pages are not opened in the laptop. Is it internet connection problem? While I hit on the ENTER key of my key6board after typing the web-site address in the browser, and after few seconds it will appears with the message that the “Page cannot be displayed”. I found that it happens only for some of the selected web-sites not for the all. I have no such information about the internet connectivity issues, so any suggestion will be appreciated…
    Last edited by Logan.B; 23-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Re: MTNL Broadband: can't browse some sites?

You should check the internet connection of the router as well as with the browser. Go to your OPTION menu bar of the browser and check whether the web-sites accessibility is enable to visit the web-sites. You should also check the firewall setting of the Anti-virus or the windows that you are using. I don’t think so there is any broadband connectivity problem. You are visiting those web-sites which are not permitted to access by the firewall of the machine. The error message that you mentioned is only flashes while the internet drops the connection. is this happens with you?

Few months ago I had the similar issue in my system browser. I am using the Airtel broadband connection at my home. Some of the web-sites are not displayed while I tried to access them. I was with the Internet Explorer browser. I searched everywhere for the solution, also I update the router driver; I thought it was the problem. But after the all procedures one of my friend suggest me to clear the browser cache and the history of the web addresses. I did this and after that now there is no problem. I found that the problem will maximum occurred with the Internet Explorer browser. So now I am using the Opera browser from a long time, and till now there is no problem. So I suggest you to use the opera browser or any other one instead of the Internet Explorer if you are using that. You can also try that I did in any other browser, might be helpful for you.

Similar issue in my broadband connection, my problem is while I enter the web address and click on to go it not open the page, that I have entered. It happened with any web-site. I occurs from the last few days, before that I works fine. It will take more than 30 second to flash the error message “This page cannot be found”. I refreshed the page more than 3 times, but still the same message. Same thing is happens with the other utilities like the Yahoo and the Gmail messenger. Not able to access nay web-site also to chat with anyone. It also happens same while I attempt to download any content, after starting few while the speed gradually falls. Any solution for this problem?