Thread: Suggestions for Wireless Modem/Router

Suggestions for Wireless Modem/Router

Hello,
    I am making the use of MTNL broadband of 1 mbps for the internet. This thing i am using with my computer. Now i am planning to buy a laptop and also Wireless Router. My computer is having the wired connection with the router. So i want to have a single router which can handle both wired as well as wireless connection. Can anyone suggest me any such router?

Re: Suggestions for Wireless Modem/Router

You will not be charged for the ADSL modem as you are having an unlimited plan. You can buy a Netgear or D-Link which is a wifi router made by Linksys. You can return the modem and get two in one which is being made by the Linksys. I am also making the use of Linksys at my home and it is just working fine. I would suggest you some names of the router of the Linksys -
    --WAG 120N
    --WAG 160N
    --Netgear DGN1000
    Etc.
    You can try any of the one which is mentioned above. Hope have helped you.

Even i am planning to buy a wireless router for my system. I am looking to use it at my home with my computer and the laptop. I am going to buy Itouch 4th gen and need the wifi coz. Do you have any suggestion on this topic? I feel that the wifi router would be cheaper one. Please provide me the necessary suggestion as i am looking for it. Also provide me the cost of the router. Thanks

I would recommend you to buy the one from the following list-
    1. Linksys WRT120N
    2. Netgear WGR614 150N
    3. Dlink DIR 615
    4. wireless N 300

All this names which i have provided to you are of the cheaper a compared to the N series which are more expensive. So i think that you have got the require answer.

I would like to recommend you for buying a netgear linksys wireless router or D-link wireless router for your computer. I am also making the use of these routers at my home. Before i was using a netgear linksys and now i have changed it to D-link. As i have used both of these routers so i would advise you to go for any one from this two. I have checked the performance of both the routers and i feel that you will not face any problem related with the performance of the router. Try this routers. I hope that i have provided you the required support and if you require more support on some other topic, then you can reply me back.

Thanks for the reply given by all of you. I have referred all the posts and i founded that all of you have provided me a handful of router names. Now i am having a long list of the wireless routers and i am now very much confused that which one to buy, but i will manage this. As most of you have suggested to buy a Linksys WRT120N router, so i am now planning to buy this wireless router for my system. I hope that it will work well on my system and will not show me any kind of performance issue. Finally i would like to thank you for suggesting me such nice ideas. The other people who are also looking to buy a router can view these posts.