Thread: After I upgraded to Snow Leopard my Mail always prompt me to enter my Keychain Password

After I upgraded to Snow Leopard my Mail always prompt me to enter my Keychain Password

Hi,
    I have a problem that about every half an hour or hour, my mail keeps asking for my Keychain password. Initially i was not getting such a problem with my mail, it was only asking for entering the password one time. But i started getting the problem as i upgraded to Snow Leopard. I do not have any idea, that how to fix this problem. I hope that there would be some who might be knowing to solve this problem out. Please help me out.

Re: After I upgraded to Snow Leopard my Mail always prompt me to enter my Keychain Password

Even i am getting the same problem on my system. This problem i am facing from the last 7 days. It always as me to enter my password. When i am performing some other work then it says that " Mail wants to use the "login" keychain. Please enter the keychain password. ". At that time i only get the password field. I don't know the problem at all. So i am requesting you to provide me the solution for solving this issue. I hope that there would be at least one person who will give the solution for this issue. Thanks.

Re: After I upgraded to Snow Leopard my Mail always prompt me to enter my Keychain Password

I feel that the problem is being cause due to reason that Keychain is actually deletes the saved passwords. Even i am getting this issue. I have just tried everything on m y machine and have not succeeded in solving the problem. I have also contacted with the apple service center, but no explanation is given by them. I am looking for a help from the last one month and till now i have not got any solution. If any one is having any idea related with issue, please help me. I am very much frustrated now, for entering the password again and again.

I have a fix for this issue. What you need to do is just to open keychain access and do a repair keychain. Even i was getting the same problem and when i tried this fix i was able to solve my issue. This solution fixes the problem in a easy way. Your mail password might automatically be added to the keychain via the mail. I hope at that this will fix your issue.

Try this fix, as it might solve your problem. Open your email server settings and you will require to note all the settings. You just make sure that you have got the settings for the SMTP & Pop or IMAP server. After doing this you will require to open >>>Applications>>>Utilities>>>Keychain Access>>>In this you will need to delete the saved password. One you have done that, now open the hard drive, then the users folder inside it, then YourUserName, then Library, then Preferences and need to search for the file "com.apple.mail.plisP ". After you get the file you need to drag the file to the desktop. Now open the mail and manually setup an email account and enter the settings you have noted earlier. I hope it will help to you.

I am experiencing the same problem on my system. I have tried many solutions for fixing this issue and till now i have not been able to solve this issue. Even i have tried the above two solution provided by Enriqueta and Emiliio. It worked for me for a while and after few minutes it again started showing the same problem. Anyone having any idea about these problems please help me.

Thanks for the reply given by Enriqueta and Emiliio. I have tried both the solution and the best thing is that i am able to solve my issue by trying both the solutions. After doing the try my system is back to normal and now it is asking for the password only once. I founded the solution as very easy and helpful, so the people who are facing the same problem can try this issue.