Thread: Streaming media from mac to PS3?

Type of Streaming media from mac to PS3

I have tried to watch streaming videos with my ps3 and its not working so I went on a site still with my ps3 and download FLV player and I am asked a storage medium. I get an error 80710736 on my PS3. I unable to watch videos that this is on my Mac, I use EyeConnect. I think there is an opening of ports but where do I find anything worthwhile on the net. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Streaming media from mac to PS3?

A bit like the proposed Free long with its Freebox Free Player, DivX Plus - the new video codec version launched yesterday - allows, among other festivities, to play streaming video content stored on his computer screen to a third including through a DLNA device, such as a game console (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in particular). Handy when you know that the MKV container, more and more used with the democratization of high-definition, is not supported by these devices DLNA. In addition to a multitude of new features that can let you discover on Page DivX More where you can also download the software for free, so it is this practice which challenges us because it is currently difficult to enjoy their MKV files on your TV without investing in a module specific broadcast. Owners of HD consoles are becoming more numerous, they will be happy to learn that local, simply via their computer, they can now easily enjoy the MKV in HD.

You need to use UPnP media server Free install on your computer, which can stream audio files, photos and streaming videos on your network to all compatible devices and software UPnP. Among these devices are compatible UPnPThere has PS3, Xbox 360, Freebox and iPhone ! (Via a UPnP player). The advantage of using a UPnP is that it works with nearly no setup Except to indicate the files to share! And especially PS3 Media Server does not scan for hours your entire computer for indexing on any servers to share files! It's free and the application is lightweight!.

I was looking for the ideal solution for power access from my PS3 to media files that are on my Mac Mini... I came across this very comprehensive tutorial: Stream media to a PS3 from a Mac. It looks fine but the mere idea of having to install Xcode and go through the terminal repulses me in 2008 on the Mac should be able to simpler and more accessible. I also tried in the past Twonky Media on a PC, it worked pretty well but the web interface was complicated and not very user-friendly. I also tried EyeConnect of Elgato, simple and efficient as any products Elgato product appears however unreliable judging by the various comments I've read on the right and left.

To stream media networking, software mentioned above and builders (game console, media center, etc..) Based on the consortium DLNA Digital Living Network Alliance which aims to promote development of the protocol UPnP AVTo standardize the content delivery network. Roku Soundbridge on which I tested example is UPnP compatible, so in theory it can play the audio broadcast via DLNA servers in addition to being fully compatible Hello, similar technology developed by Apple. And that's where the bottom lies, because To my great regret, Apple does not seem to take part in the DLNA... by retreating into its proprietary technology, the Apple brand is missing out on lots of devices (PS3 not recognizing, for example, no shared library with iTunes using Bonjour), and obliges us the same opportunity to use these devices (Apple TV, iPod and iPhone ... but we'll see how it goes when the official release of the SDK for the latter two).

Connect 360 a little part of the software that may well change your life. Very simple to install and configure, it will allow you to synchronize your iTunes library, iPhoto albums and your "runs" the greatest of ease. Positive, it keeps the organization of these different libraries and then allows you to access it via the dashboard of the Xbox 360. Bulk and be a little more comprehensive, following are the features of the Connect 360:
    * Syncing iTunes library. Ability to filter the display of your iTunes library by artist, album, genre or the playlist.
    * Opportunity to hear his music playing.
    * Support for streaming radio.
    * Syncing iPhoto library. Ability to run slideshows from iPhoto's library.
    * Support following formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, JPEG, RAW, GIF, PNG, BMP, WMA, WMV.

If you have a Playstation 3 home. Do not worry because MediaLink will allow you to do exactly the same thing. Again the features offered are many and will allow you to easily stream content from your Mac to your TV.
    Among the features, we can:
    * Syncing iTunes library. For all your music easily find and access your playlists, your videos and your podcasts.
    * Syncing iPhoto library. With a bonus, the ability to run slideshows and enjoy high definition, of course.
    * Support HD video streaming.
    * Synchronization with the PSP. Ideal to carry your media with you everywhere.
    * Global synchronization. Ability to locate music, photos and videos anywhere on your Mac. Perfect for fans of the encrypted partition.

Sony will then come play on Apple's flowerbeds or Netflix. If Apple has a major power in this area, it lacks the military terminals available to Sony. Side of the firm at the apple, it must indeed have a Mac or an Apple TV. The latter has not met a huge success, mainly because of its inability to support some video codecs used extremely such as DivX, at least without heavy manipulation. Sony, in his camp, is already a large number of PlayStation 3 sold, and those who do not may have a Bravia TV. One Both have an Internet connection and thus can access the service. That's one finding fun when you know the fierce fighting in which the firm has been involved to impose its Blu-ray costs.