Thread: YouTube videos getting laggy

YouTube videos getting laggy

What in the world has happened with my computer? It is just not working the way it used to. At first I used my PC only for playing the games but now I mainly use it for surfing. Well it was running well but now there are problems with the loading of the pages. Also the browser that I use to have was Firefox and I had problem with that too. I had the problem with switching tabs in the Firefox. So I decided to switch for the Google Chrome. I thought that the Chrome will for sure solve the issue but it instead has made the situation more badly. I would have never left Firefox but the problem made me to switch. Well this was the issue with the loading of the pages; I have also seen that on YouTube when I go for seeing the videos the videos get laggy. I do not have any idea regarding this and I think that you will definitely have to help me get out of this. It is not like that the problem is only with the YouTube it is the same with the other video playing websites like Daily Motion, and Google Video, etc.

Re: YouTube videos getting laggy

By looking at your case I think that the case is for sure of the Internet Connection. I always have the issues with the Internet Connection and I have seen that the issues are getting higher and higher as the days are passing. In your case too I think that the case is of the Connection issue. I think that it will be nice if you can get it verified with the ISP of yours. Well I am using the Internet Connection from the MTNL and I was having another issue with the YouTube videos. The problem was that the YouTube videos last for the 1 minute and after that the streaming never use to proceed. I made the choice of trying some other diagnosis but nothing helped. Then I registered a complaint in the MTNL office and then they solved the issue for me. I was really happy with the way that they solved the issue. Well they did solve the issue but yet the download speed that they promise to offer has yet never seen by me. Try contacting them and see if they can come up with the solution.

Regarding the issues that you are facing with the Google Chrome. I would like to tell you that the Google Chrome browser is far-far worse than any other browser that I have ever used or even come crossed. I cannot simply understand why they are using this. Well there were some issues with the Firefox and I have come to the conclusion that the higher version of the Firefox are bit unstable and if you use the older version of the same then they are pretty much stable. I think if you can have the older version then it will be far better than anything else. Just uninstall the Google Chrome also uninstall the Firefox version that you are using and download the Firefox 3.5 version. This time try to open the pages that you are have problem in opening. If there is no internet connection issue then I am pretty sure that you will have your problem rectified by using the older version of the Firefox.

Thanks for attempting and giving me replies for my problem. I have come here to say that I do not think that I have any issue with the Internet Connection as I thought that this could be the possible reason for that, but in advance before posting my query here I had already made sure that there is no problem with the connection. I am having a good ping and the speed is also satisfactory. I have lot of problem with the videos related sites and hence the most probable reason that is striking my mind is that could it be the result of some hardware issue. I have found that the brutality of the lag looks as if it depends on the speed of the movement in the video that is being watched. To relate with an example a video of a person who is drumming very quickly is lagging more when it is compared with a news blog or a documentary. Also the system that I am using at this moment is also very old. So it just came in my mind that the hard ware issue can also be the cause of this. Let me know about this.

If you really think that it could be because of the Hardware issue then the most probable way to find out the cause is to swap the hardware out. I would suggest you to have the cleaning of the PC cabinet so that it can help you. Also in addition to that please try to remove the RAM from the slot and then again insert the same in the Motherboard. I am sure that this might turn the issue somewhat. As the RAM can also be the cause of the issue. Well looking at your case I do not think that the RAM can be the culprit and to see that you can run the memtest and see if the RAM is defective. Also if the HDD that you are using is too old that is it is a decade old then it can also be the cause of the failure. You can also try cleaning the system fans. Use a can of condensed air to clean out any build up dust from the system fans.

So far I have yet not found the real cause of the problem well if you want to have something related to software then you can try the following things and I am sure they can solve the issue. I would suggest you to go with the Internet Explorer 8 or 9 Beta; and see if that can help you. For any speed related issues you can download and install the Google Chrome that is really fast then the Internet Explorer 8. Also the same thing can be tried with the Opera and the Firefox browsers. Regarding the YouTube videos then I think that you will have to install the latest flash player from the Adobe. Go to the Adobe.com and they will provide the useful things that are needed by the browsers. Hope that the problem will be solved.

In addition to all the things that have been said above I think that it will be nice if you can get the drivers of the Motherboard updated. I would strictly suggest you to get the updates and I am pretty confident that the drivers can really get you out of this problematic situation. Go to the official website of the motherboard company, type the perfect model number and then you will have the updates for the drivers of the components on the board.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I would suggest you to try different browsers if you are having problem with the Firefox. It is sad that you cannot have the Firefox run. Well if you want to have some more browsers then I can give you a link and there you will be able to get the download links for other different browsers. There are around fifteen browsers and I think at least one will suit you. Just click on the link and you will have access to those browsers: link