Thread: Windows live Mail, Server error: 3203

Windows live Mail, Server error: 3203

Guys, I am not able to access my hotmail account with Windows Live Mail. Whenever I try to access the account using Windows Live Mail then I get the error list and I am not able to understand the message meaning and problem with that. Here is the error that I get while accessing to my account in Windows Live Mail.

Server Error: 3203
    Server Response: User is not authorized to use Delta sync
    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003

Please post your suggest to me that how can I fix this problem.

Re: Windows live Mail, Server error: 3203

I read you post and based on that I determined that you should contact to Windows Live Mail Technical Support Team and that will be the best option for you. You should contact them and ask them for the problem. They are the people who will provide you the best answer for your problem.

You should go to help.live.com/help.aspx?project=wl_mailv2&market=en-us and in the left panel you will see the list of topic. Search for the problem related to yours and if you don’t find it there then you can select the Get more help link which is located at the lower-right corner and click on the Get support link.

Hey, thank you very much for your reply. I also have the similar issue and I contacted to Windows Live Mail Technical Support Team and asked them for the issue. They also don’t have the exact answer for the solution for this problem. They just told me that the problem is not with the Windows Live Mail. The problem is with my hotmail account and I need to reconfigure the account to get this issue fix but I don’t know the way to do reconfiguration. Please help me to do that. Thank you.

You have to follow the steps given below to reconfigure your account. And here are the steps that you have to follow.
    • First of all Right click on the account as displayed on the folder pane.
    • Select the Remove account.
    • It will ask for confirmation then click yes to confirm.
    • After that you have to select the Add e-mail account link which is there at lower right corner of the screen.
    • Type the email address and the password in that.
    • Mark on Set this account as the default mail account as per your preference.
    • Click on finish button to finalize the process.

It may be the problem with Authentication and that is why you are not able to send the email to anyone. To fix that you have to Tools and select the Accounts from there. You will see your account on that list and you have to double click on your account and this will open a new property window with multiple tabs. Select the Server tab from there and go down to 'My Server requires Authentication' and check that if that option is checked or not? If that is checked then uncheck and save that. Again try to send email and this time it will allow you if it has problem with Authentication. I can say that because it was the Authentication problem when I was facing this problem and this fixes the issue in my case.

Check that who is the ISP that you are connected when this issue happens. Whoever it is, I think that they are not giving you the permission to use somebody else's SMTP server on port 25. I think that you are using the ISP's server just like the mail.btinternet.com. Just check for this and once you are allowed to use somebody else's SMTP then the issue will be solved.