Thread: Unable to receive mail, Server Error: 5102

Unable to receive mail, Server Error: 5102

Hi all, I am getting the problem with my email. I am getting the similar error on several different pc's. I searched for the solution on internet and tried many solutions for that but that all were useless and was not able to solve the issue. I think it is a server side problem because I am getting the same thing at all the computers. I am not able to send or receive any messages for my Hotmail account. Windows Live Mail can't connect to the Hotmail server. Whenever ?I try to send .any email it shoes me some error like

Server Error: 5102
    Server Response: Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'InternalServerError', server response: '999 0'
    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00002

I have never faced such problems with my account and that is why I donmt have any idea about this. I have given this email address to al the place and I am not able to receive the mail from them. Please help me to get out of this. Thanking you all in advance. Waiting for replies.

re: Unable to receive mail, Server Error: 5102

I think that you have to reconfigure your account So that Windows Live Mail can establish the connection to the server for communication. Please follow the following steps to reconfigure your hotmail account. Here are the steps:
    1. Right click on the account as displayed on the folder pane.
    2. Now click on the Remove account.
    3. Confirm your action by clicking Yes.
    4. After that select Add e-mail account link which is on the lower right corner of the screen.
    5. Type the email address and desired password to it.
    6. After that mark the Set this account as the default mail account as per your preference.
    7. Finally click on Finish button to complete set-up.

You are facing the problem with the MS Outlook and if you are not able to resolve the issue then you can let this problem to their support team. You just have to contact their support team and ask for the issue and they will assist you for the solution of this. They will also do the back end fix if it needed any back end fix to your account. This will be the best option for you and you will definitely get the solution for this. Before trying anything on yourself you just talk to them that only I can suggest you.

I don’t think that the Outlook Answers group can provide any help when the problem is related with the server side and there is no real "support" for the Outlook Hotmail Connector. I have just tested that and installed the MS "Windows Live Mail". I found that it is able to sync the Contacts and the Calendar but not able to download the mail folders. You cannot sync anything that you are not able to download. This is not only is this problem with Outlook but also Windows Live Mail as well. This is definitely be an account problem and Microsoft precious Windows Live Mail would work flawlessly. I /hope that this will help you in some way to fix this issue.

By looking at the error message that you are getting, I think that you are using a dial-up Internet connection. This is a much known problem with Delta Sync when you are using dial-up connection. Below is some suggestion that can be used to avoid such error messages.
    1. You can switch to faster internet connection and it may solve the issue.
    2. You can also configure your account by using using POP3 settings. And here is the settings for that.
      • POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
      • POP SSL required? Yes
      • SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25)
      • Authentication required? Yes
      • TLS/SSL required? Yes
    3. You should also compress the file which you are attaching with the email with the use of compression software which is easily available on internet.