Thread: Internet Explorer 9 - Does not play video

Internet Explorer 9 - Does not play video

Hi,
    I am using Internet Explorer from the last 1 year and have no issue with it. But when i just installed the IE beta version (64 bit) browser, then i started getting the problem. The problem is that i am not able to play any video on my browser. This problem i am facing only with the Internet Explorer. The things are working fine with the Google Chrome or Firefox. Is there problem with the Internet Explorer 9 or there is problem on my system? I need your support on this problem. I will request you to post your replies on this site. Please help.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Internet Explorer 9 - Does not play video

I think that there might be problem with your Adobe Flash Player. Either your Adobe Flash Player might not be up to date or the copy of software which you have install on yours system might be not compatible with the Internet Explorer 9 browser. I will recommend you to go update your Adobe Flash Player or to reinstall the fresh copy of the player. I hope that by doing this fix your problem will bet solved.

I have referred your post and you have written there that your system works fine with the Google Chrome or Firefox browser. So i feel that there might be some problem with the copy of your Internet Explorer 9 software. I feel that it is not proper, so you will require to remove this copy of software and will need to install a fresh copy of the Internet Explorer 9 on your system. Once you do this try, i hope that you issue will be solved out. If you are having any other queries, then you can reply me back.

Even i am getting the same problem on my system system. Initially when i was using the Internet Explorer 8, then all the things were working fine and i was not facing any kind of issue. But i started getting the problem, when i installed the Internet Explorer 9 version browser on my system. Due to this problem i am not able to view any video on the internet. I have tried all the above fixes and they are not solving my problem. I want to ask you that why i am getting this problem? Is there any solution for this problem. I want a support on this topic from you. I will be waiting fro your post, so please provide me the reply as early as possible. Thanks in advance.

I have tried both the solutions given by the SalVatore and Dr. V.. Even after trying those solutions i am not able to solve my problem. I have reinstalled the internet explore software as well as the Adobe Flash Player software on my system. I don't think that there is any problem with my software. I feel that the issue is related with some other topic.

I think that you will require to the Adobe Flash Player is a separate add-on which is installation for Internet Explorer and the others browsers. There are cases that one browser’s add-on may work correctly and the others could be corrupted one. I will recommend you to make the use of the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer which is being built into your 64-bit operating system. I hope that this solution will help to you.

Have you tried downloading the preview release of Adobe Flash Player "Square"? Adobe says it provides "enhanced support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta". I think it will fix the issue and allow you to watch video in IE9 beta - http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team

Hi,
    I am using windows 7 OS on my machine and i have recently installed the Internet explorer 9 on my system. I am getting the problem in playing the video on the internet. The videos are not being played at all. I need a solution for this problem. So i will request you to please provide me a nice fix as i am having urgency in solving this problem.