Thread: Download Internet Explorer 9 Offline Installer

Download Internet Explorer 9 Offline Installer

We are running a website which is our source of income. At present, we have Internet Explorer 8 installed on our Windows Vista computer. We have got some emails where some people have faced some problem while visiting the website. They say that they are not able to get some of the feature of our website on their Internet Explorer 9. So I would like to test my website on our computer to see how the site behaves. For this I need to install Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. But the problem is that I am unable to find its offline installer. Can you provide me the link to download IE9 offline installer?

Re: Download Internet Explorer 9 Offline Installer

Depending on which version of Windows you are running, you can install Internet Explorer 9 on your computer by downloading the setup file from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...ie-9/worldwide. Choose the language for your Internet Explorer 9 Beta, select your Windows version and finally click on the Download button to download Internet Explorer 9. Click on Run in the File Download dialog box, and then click Continue in the User Account Control dialog box. Once the installation process is complete, you will be prompted to either restart your computer now or later. Make your selection and your are done.

Ok thanks for that help but how will I come to know which version of Windows I am running. The only thing that I know right now is that I have Windows Vista installed. I don't know which version it is. The download link that you have provided suggests me two links for Windows Vista: one is 32 bit and another is 64 bit. How should I check which is suitable in my case? Can you help to get this information?

Checking whether you are running 32 bit version or 64 bit version of OS is really simple. Simply follow the below steps to make sure which edition of Windows you are running: Go to the Start button, right-click on Computer and select Properties. Check what appear next to System type. If it is "32-bit Operating System" then you are running 32-bit Windows Vista; whereas if it is "64-bit Operating System" then you are running 64-bit Windows Vista.

Ok I have downloaded the software but the problem is that I am unable to install it. Every time I try it I get the message saying Internet Explorer installation failed. I have already tried deleting the previous downloaded file and then re-downloading it once again. But it didn't worked. I have also checked the same in normal startup mode or selective mode with very few system services enabled. What is the problem ?

It happens if the prerequisites, which comes automatically when you download Internet Explorer 9 Beta, fails to install. These prerequisites are required to install IE9 beta on your computer. So if the installation process of the prerequisites fails, the Internet Explorer 9 Beta installation process will also fail. So to remedy this problem you need to manually install the prerequisites. Here are the links to download the prerequisites on your Windows Vista computer.

Windows Graphics, Imaging, and XPS Library:
    For 32 bit - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=194467
    For 64 bit - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=194466

Platform Update Supplement Beta:
    For 32 bit - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=192581
    For 64 bit - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=194465