Thread: Why don't some websites display correctly in Internet Explorer 9?

Why don't some websites display correctly in Internet Explorer 9?

I have recently installed Internet Explorer 9 beta version on my Windows Vista Home Premium computer. Talking about my problem, when I open Internet Explorer 9 and try to visit some websites I am unable to see the web pages properly. In some sites I can't see images clearly, some times they don't even appear; while other times either the site doesn't appear or it has some partial content displayed on it. The images are either appearing blurred or I can see the empty area confirming the missing images. Is there any fault in Internet Explorer 9 or there is some problem on my computer. Please try to sort out my problem.

Re: Why don't some websites display correctly in Internet Explorer 9?

I don't think there is any problem with your web browser or your operating system. I think your computer is infected with some kind of malicious software which is not allowing you to visit certain websites or blocking its content to be displayed. Generally, your computer gets infected from the virus when you download something or if you visit some malicious (most often adult) websites. So to remove those virus you need to scan your computer with an updated antivirus. If any such infected files are found then either delete or quarantine those files.

It is quite possible when you switch to newer version of software, ie browser in your case. If you are visiting to a website that was designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer then it is quiet possible that you might not see its content correctly in Internet Explorer 9. However, there may also be the possibility that the website that you are trying to visit requires SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 enabled on the browser so that the user is able to see all the features which are provided by the website. And if your browser has disabled this feature then the browser will not be able to show all the contents of the website. Make sure this is enabled.

Do you have any add-on installed on your IE9? If so then this could be the possible reason why the websites are not opening. Sometime it happens that the add-on that you are running on your browser itself is corrupted which create problems in the proper functioning of the browser. Try to disable and if not required then remove any of the add-on from your browser and then check if the browser is working properly or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Is it happening to some specific website or with all the websites? If it is occurring to certain websites then all you have to do is check if it is not in the blocked list. For this, on Internet Explorer, go to Tools menu and select Internet Options. Go to the Content tab and click on Enable. In the new window that appears, go to Approved Sites tab. Add the web address of the websites that you don't want to be blocked anyhow. Also check if JavaScript is enabled or not. I would also like to suggest you that if you are sure that website is having some compatibility problem then IE9 also provides you with a feature known as Compatibility View.

There are quiet few suggestions to your problem:

1. Check your network settings. For this go to Internet Options, click on Connections tab, and then tap on "Lan Settings" button. Deselect everything that appears.

2. Try to flush your DNS. To do this, go to Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter. Type each of the following command and press Enter after each line.
    ipconfig /FlushDNS
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /registerdns
    3. Reset TCP/IP stack settings. For this, go to Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter. Type the following command and press Enter:

netsh winsock reset
    Restart your computer.