Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2010

Browser Hijacked removing searchassist.teoma

Recently I bought a Acer computer with the Windows 7 operating system. And installed the internet explorer 9 beta version in my computer. The problem is it searched default a file that is searchassist.teoma. When I insert this into the Google then it redirects in the searchassist.teoma instead of give me any Google result. I searched every for the solution, but got nothing. Any one can tell me any instruction on the either remove or the some other action to fix the issue?
Old 14-10-2010

Re: Browser Hijacked removing searchassist.teoma

There are some tips which are may help you to restore the hijacked browser.
1.stop the pop up window of the cascading(by pressing the CTRL+ALT+DEL )
2.click to Task Manager.
3.Then go to Processes tab
4.There you will found the IEXPLORE.EXE, click on that option.
5.Lastly click on the end process button.
Old 14-10-2010

The IEXPLORE.EXE option is there in the browser option tool bar, by accessing this option it will close all the in stances of the browser. After done this restart the program, continue the browsing as usually. There is another option which is used to prevent future attack on the browser. Always block the pop ups which are comes with the web-site, these may cause for the browser attack. you can block the pop up from the Tool option.
Old 14-10-2010

I have the same issue in my HP laptop, the Windows 7 as the operating system. Recently installed the OEM version of 64-bit system architecture, also the Google in the latest version , which is crashed , also when I tried to access the G-mail account it freezes. Another problem is in the browser internet explorer, I did the address bar changing as the regards of the browser. It gives me the information that it set in something default named as the Teoma. I searched every where for the information regarding this, but found nothing. Is there anyone who can give me the information.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , , ,