Thread: Best Wireless Router For BitTorrent

Best Wireless Router For BitTorrent

I am looking for some good wifi router for a bittorrent support. I had found one model spoken by most of the website. This is by Asus and I am not sure the exact model number of the router. What are the supports and feature does this router offer and does it will be recommended for home usage also. What are the different file sharing support provided by the router.

Re: Best Wireless Router For BitTorrent

I will recommend Asus WiFi router and Ethernet with all the fans were dreaming of BitTorrent. The WL-700gE includes an IDE hard disk of 160 GB and a BitTorrent client to download content off the PC, or remotely. The best thing about router is that you can remotely accessed the store data by the integrated FTP server or LAN with Samba protocol.

Yes I have the same router. The WL-700gE allows downloads up to 7 BitTorrent and 10 FTP downloads / simultaneous HTTP. The RAID 1 also serve as a mirror of the hard drive for personal data. In addition, the router has three USB 2.0 ports for connecting external hard drive, USB drive or printer. And to finish it off, he meets the standard UPnP Media Server to be connected to a home player.

Normally, software that supports the BitTorrent protocol exchange must be installed on the PC and the computer must remain on until the end of the download. With a storage server support hardware BitTorrent technology, users can start downloading from your PC desktop or laptop and shut it or unplug it. ASUS offers such a storage server called the WL-700gE who also serves as WiFi router.

In addition to this storage server, two new routers can be configured for downloading BitTorrent. The models are WL-500gP and WL-500GW. Although BiTorrent has entered legally, pledging to offer films for download technology is still considered a threat by the suppliers of copyrighted content. Anyhow there can be some good support for the file transferring protocol.

dickerson Guest

The ASUS WL-700gE includes a 160 GB 3.5 hard disk and a BitTorrent client that downloads can keep going, while the PC is off.