Thread: WiFi and Dialup

WiFi and Dialup

I am aware that dail up connection is very lazy. I have some place where I am confused which one to choose from. In the place there are desktop system and laptop. Now for the desktop there is a choice for broadband or a dailup connection. But for the laptop I prefer for the wifi connection. I need a bit more clarification on the connections. I choose dail up because of some old system which does not supports new devices.

Re: WiFi and Dialup

WiFi is the name of a particular standard for a type of wireless network developed for computer communications. It eliminates cables and solve problems of distance, obstacles. The connection uses radio waves. While in dailup you have a telephone line connected to the computer. It is right that some of the old system does not supports wifi but for that you can put them on lan and use broadband.

It is really not better to compare both the connection. Dialup is relatively old method of using internet. But the same is still used to access internet connection from the mobile phone. To connect to the network you must be equipped with receivers / transmitters WiFi. While in the case of dailup you need a modem with a working telephone line and the same service activated from your isp side.

I have a wifi hotspot at my office and I am relatively happy with the same. The speed is really awesome with four computers working on it. There are several WLAN standards which keeps on making it better. Like for example 802.11a is a standard for local area networks using the 5 GHz frequency as for transfers up to 54 Mbps and the 802.11b is another standard for local networks, using the 2.4 GHz with a maximum bandwidth of 11 Mbps.

Unlike a wired network, the bandwidth varies with distance. More perimeter is, the more the performance is optimal. For example, to take advantage of 11 Mbps, the maximum range is 25 to 50 meters indoors and 160 meters. Dail up connection comes via telephone lines and there is lots of issue in the same. Like the modem is much older device with minimal support.

I go with broadband cable network. The system easily installs in minutes and all your computers communicate with each other, then you can exchange files, play together. This also might helpout for sharing internet and printer. For those who are equipped with a laptop, nothing more comfortable than the mobility in the home, while remaining both connected to the Internet and connected to other machines.