Thread: Psp Wireless Connection

Psp Wireless Connection

For xmas, I bought my new psp and trying to get internet to it. I am using belkin54g wireless router to do that. Whenever I try to make a new connection it connects to PSP but with the connection it shows me message that internet connection has been failed. It keeps on displaying tis message whenever I try to connect it. When I tried the NETGEAR connection of my friend then I found that it was working fine. Now I have to go to his house if I want to use that. Please tell me how can I get connection to it?

Re: Psp Wireless Connection

Here is what you have to do to fix this. Just follow the steps below and you will be able to solve it.
    • Go to settings and click on network settings and infastructure mode
    • Click on new connection and will scan for your belkin54g.
    • Set security to none and address settings to easy and connection name to belkin54g.
    • Save the changes and finally test the connection.

Good Luck

You should have the latest firmware because it may also cause the problem. Just go to the admin screen for the router and check the version of the firmware you are using. It should be the latest one. You may need to upgrade the firmware in the router. While upgrading read and follow the instructions carefully. I hope upgrading may solve your issue.

I was searching on internet for your problem and I found that connection problems with PSP are common issue. Some of the people who were having the same issue are able to solve it by assigning a fixed IP to the PSP. Some found that turning off the security helped them. Other found various options in router and changing them solved the issue. You can also try any such solution and I hope that will help you too.

You must have the AOL software or AOL connection if you want to get access to internet through their connection. So first of all get the AOL software or AOL connection to your computer. Start your computer in Safe Mode w/ Networking and whether it helps you get connection to internet. If you are not getting the connection then I think that PSP is not working with an AOL connection.

Which IP address you are assigning to the PSP? You should use a static IP address for the PSP. If you are using a normal IP address then there is possibility that it may affect other computer(s) with their IP addresses. You can also try to set the IP address to automatic on your psp. This may fix the issue you are facing.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It is correctly posted that you need to assign a fix IP address to the PSP and use a static IP address. Because the DSN manually assigned it. You have to reset the computer that the modem and router is connected to and see whether it works or not. If that does not work then you can unplug the cables to the modem and router and plug them again to that and check whether it works?