Thread: Need a way to monitor wireless bandwidth usage

Need a way to monitor wireless bandwidth usage

I am sharing my DSL connection with my three roommates. Before sharing I made it clear that the major downloading should be kept minimum or I have to stop sharing it because that may slow down the speed. For a few days it goes fine but after that the speed goes slow and I was not able to recognize the person who is downloading more. I want to know that if there is any software that can calculate the bandwidth each person is using?

Re: Need a way to monitor wireless bandwidth usage

I don't think that you will need any such software to do that. Why don't you see their computer when you found the internet speed is slow. All you have to do is go to each of their computer when you found that internet speed is slow and see who is downloading at that time and breaking the rule made before sharing. It is that simple. I don't know why are you waiting for any software.

Thank you for your suggestion but I want to let you know that it is very natural to do. Any one will do that thing first and will not require any suggestion from anyone. But here I don’t want to be interfering and don’t want to lay blame on anyone needlessly. Therefore I need such software. Please recommend me any such software.

I think that you should use AnalogX Netstat Live. This is a free software available on internet and you can find and download it easily. Install that software on your computer. It has very steps for installation. Most of the time you just have to click OK and next button to proceed the installation. Once you install that successfully then you can launch it by clicking Start -> All Programs -> AnalogX -> Netstat Live -> Netstat Live and use it for monitoring the bandwidth uses.

You can download the bandwidth monitor pro and that will help you to monitor the bandwidth uses and track the person who is making the internet slow. After installing when you actually launch it then it will pop up a small window which will show you the information regarding your average download and upload speeds which will also include a graph. You can download the bandwidth monitor pro 1.3 from here. This is about 1.41 MB and can be downloaded in few seconds. Thank you.

Bitmeter is a good software that can be used to monitor the bandwidth for the internet. This software has a strong reporting power and it has got a very easy interface that can be used by anybody. It will sit on the system tray and will track the bandwidth used for uploading and downloading data. It will show you the upload / download speed with total data which is uploaded and downloaded over the bitmeter icon.

Ok I got the solution for that. I installed net traffic software on my computer to track the user who is using more bandwidth and making the connection slow. I found the person who was the reason behind all these and I have given him warning for that and as they all know that now I can track them they all will never try to do that. Thank you very much all for replies.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain