Thread: How to configure Teracom ADSL2+ for Wi-Fi

How to configure Teracom ADSL2+ for Wi-Fi

I went to the BSNL today and bought the Teracom ADSL2 modem. Actually I went there to buy the type 2 modem and they (BSNL) gave me this modem. On my system I was able to configure the type 1 modem but due to some problem with the Internet speed, the tech support advised me to go for the type 2 modem. Now on my system I cannot configure the modem. Can anyone help me in configuring the modem? I will be really thankful to you.

Re: How to configure to configure Teracom ADSL2+ for Wi-Fi

I will definitely try to help you. First of all please let me know something about the modem as per my requirement. At the time when I decided to take the internet connection, the internet connection was from the MTNL. I was also having the problem with configuring the modem. I was not able to open the home page of the router. Please let me know if you can open the home page of your router? If you can then I will go with the configuration steps. For seeing this you can go to the browser. And in the address bar just type 192.16.1.1, try this.

I am also in total agreement to what Jackson2 said. However this is also the very basic and the first step of starting the configuration. If the home page of the router cannot open then I am sure and it is for sure that there is some problem with the connection. Please let me know if you can open the home page of the modem. Also along with that please let us know what is the current operating system that you are using on your system?

Well thanks a lot for the response but let me tell you that I do not have the problem with opening the home page of the router. I was able to open the home page and for that I used the 192.168.1.1. By the way thanks for that. Now after that I cannot go further with the configuration. Also Techno01 you asked about the operating system, so I am using the Windows 7 at this very moment. Now I hope that you will fetch me the configuration steps.

Well after you open the home page of the router you will have to enter the user name and the password for the router. By default it is admin and admin respectively. Then after that you will have to select the either the Static IP or the Dynamic IP, if the IP information is given to you by the ISP then you can use it and if not then I would suggest you to go for the Dynamic IP, then after this gets completes it will ask you for the CA no. just enter that number and your modem will be configured. Try this.

I would have also suggested the same that Trio told you. If after this also you are not able to get the modem configured then I think that it will be a good idea that you ask the help from the BSNL desks. I am pretty confident that they will be able to handle the situation. In addition to this I would also suggest you to check for the LAN port, if the LAN port is working properly. Sometime the home page that you see is stored in the cache of the browser.

Re: How to configure Teracom ADSL2+ for Wi-Fi

Thanks a lot for this wonderful advice deveritt. I have now seen that the problem was with the LAN port. I tried to open the home page of the modem in the different browser and found that it was not opening. Then I discovered that the inbuilt LAN on the mother board was dead. I got the external LAN card for my purpose and now it is running well. I asked the tech support of the BSNL and guided me to configure the modem it was lot similar to the previous one. Thanks a lot.