Thread: problem with the internet cable netgear cg814wg

problem with the internet cable netgear cg814wg

I have currently purchased a new laptop. Like you can say that today and it is running on the windows 7. After this I have tried to connect this to my network through the cable gateway but it is not connecting through this. It is showing that a wireless connection outstanding strength. But it is not able to connect. So because of this I am able to connect this with the neighbor’s network. Please suggest me that what should I do to fix this.

re: problem with the internet cable netgear cg814wg

Here I just want to confirm that are you able to link it to your wireless when you disable the wireless security in the Netgear unit? If it is like that then you need to make sure that whatever protocol you choose it should match to the both devices. So for this you must utilize WEP, attempt to note the Hex translation of the passphrase which is used and apply that the laptop wireless user interfaces.

I had also this problem as well. And in this the only fix was to change to WPA2-PSK which is on the Netgear router and in this do the similar on the wireless card/adapter. So to fix this I have tried this with my ISP technical support and Dell technical support just for the 17 hours over and they have suggested me nothing. So I hope this going to help you.

I am also having the same issue. I have taken my friends help also but it not seems to work. So for that I have visited the most of the forum site but I am not getting the solution of this. So that is why I am posting my problem here I hope this will give me solution very soon. Please if you have any idea related to this then please post it. Any of the help would be appreciated.