Thread: Lag issue while gaming in the wireless connection

Lag issue while gaming in the wireless connection

Hello,
    I am making the use of the wireless connection at my house. I am using it from the last 6 months. I am having the problem of the lag spikes while playing the online games. Even i have made the check of my bandwidth and it is fine. I think that the problem is in the wireless connection, because when i make the use of the wired one i do not face any problem. Now am looking for the advice.

Re: Lag issue while gaming in the wireless connection

According to me the reason for getting a lag could be by a background application which is making a use of the processor. So i will advice you to make a check of the performance of your computer. Fro doing this you will require to go to start, then in the start go to the run. Noe type the command "Perfmon" and press OK. A window will open showing the performance of your system.

I tried your solution of checking the performance. By looking at the performance, i expect that the system is working fine. I am not finding any spike unless I am doing something, so i think that it is fine. Even the disk queue length does not spike, unless i perform some task. My page has less spike than the spike i get while playing the game.

I referred you problem i finded that there could be problem with the wireless connection and not related with the processor. For solving this issue you can try to run a long ping from your computer to the wired computer connected to the router. You can check the variation after doing this. I hope that my advice will provide you some help.

While playing the game it freezes out for three to four sec. I founded that if there is any drop in the signal strength, then lag spikes happened. I have solved my problem by making my connection to the wired one. If you get some other solution then it is fine or otherwise you to change your connection to the wired one. This is what i will recommend you.

You will require to do the following things. First make sure that your motherboard chipset driver is updated till the date. Second you need to check that you are having the latest drivers for your wireless card. The last check you have to do is disable the packet burst in the wireless card. By doing all this things try to solve your problem.