Thread: Converting Flip videos to play on iPad?

Converting Flip videos to play on iPad?

I have a Snow Leopard computer and an iPad. I have been using VLC for video conversion on my Snow Leopard computer without any problem but it doesn't work on my iPad. I always get the warning saying can not play the file. What can be stopping from doing this? Any suggestion for the same!

Re: Converting Flip videos to play on iPad?

If I am not wrong then Flip video involves playing a standard WMV file by Quicktime using OSX based codecs. For this you can use VisualHub. There are indeed a lot of other such video conversion tools but VisualHub being the oldest one and so I recommended you the same. However, if you want then you can even go for VideoMonkey.

I believe in Handbrake, with the Universal setting, which works like a champ when converting the files. This will work on Mac computer and so you will first have to flip videos on your Mac computer and then transfer it into the iPad. Since, it is an open source application and can be downloaded for free, price tag doesn't comes into picture over here. However there is yet another alternative to this. Simply open the file in iMove and then transfer it as a QuickTime movie.

Are you able to play video in your QuickTime player on Snow Leopard computer? If it is then save the file choosing "Save As" and selecting iPod as the format. This conversion works absolutely fine and doesn't require any additional software. However you may have to be more specific regarding the particular file.

I recommend iSkysoft iPad Video Converter, which provides optimized presets for iPad. To convert flip video to iPad on Mac OS X:
    1. Add flip video to iPad Video Converter. For this, click the Add File button to import flip video files.
    2. Select iPad preset from format list. Choose iPad Video MP4 as output format from output format list and the resulting files look quite nice on iPad big screen.
    3. Start flip video to iPad conversion on OS X.

GoodReader is the best application for you. With GoodReader, you can read virtually anything, anywhere. GoodReader not only supports PDF and TXT files, but also can handle all of the most popular file types including:
    • MS Office - .doc, .ppt, .xls and more
    • iWork'08/'09
    • HTML and Safari webarchives
    • High resolution images
    • Audio and video file