Thread: Save a youtube video with VLC

Save a youtube video with VLC

Hello,
    I would like to download a video with my vlc player but I do not know I do too. I know you can download it from real one player. but i dont like real one player. thank you kindly guide me.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Re: Save a youtube video with VLC

Things You'll Need

• Windows PC with Internet connection
    • VLC player or any other flv player

Try this,
    1. Open windows explorer and go to Tools>FolderOptions>View and select the options "Show hidden files and folders" and de-select "Hide protected Operating system files"
    2. Open "My Computer" open "Documents and Settings" directory(mostly in C drive) and open the directory corrseponds to your User name.
    3. Open Local Settings>Temporary Internet Files> directory
    4. Delete all the files in this directory(You can actually avoid this step, this step is just to make your job easy, to easily identify the file which we have to download)
    5. Open youtube.com website and open the video you want to save.
    6. Play the complete video once
    7. Go to the "Temporary Internet Files" directory, You can see many files that are part of the webpages you opened recently saved in this directory.
    8. Copy the entire directory to Desktop or some other location as your search will be eazy if the directory is copied to new location.
    9. Open the new directory, and check each files. The video file you are looking for will be in size of MB's(depends on the lenght of video)and with an extension ".flv"
    10. Open all the shortlisted files with a flv player.

The easiest way to record video streaming is to use Net Transport v1.87 - Freeware - Size: 1.6 MB - English. Just put the address mms: / / or another protocol such as RSTP: / / and download.

- The other way to save a streaming video is to use Videolan VLC. This freeware allows you to view and simultaneously record the video stream.
    1 - Download and install Videolan VLC version 0.8.5 - Freeware - Size: 7.90 MB - English - Official Site.
    2 - Run VLC Media Player. Click File at the top of the software and select Open network stream ...
    3 - In the Open ... window that opens, select HTTP / HTTPS / FTP / MMS
    4 - In front paste in the URL address mms: / / ....
    5 - In the lower part of the Advanced Options window select Stream / Save.
    6 - Facing click Settings ... sober. The flux output window opens.
    7 - In the Output section check all local and Play File.
    8 - Click on Browse ... to specify a location and give the file a name by adding. Asf (eg monflux.asf) and then Save.
    9 - Just below encapsulation method in check asf.
    10 - Then close the 2 windows: the window "Stream Output" and the "Open ..." Click OK.

The video opens automatically in VLC media player and recorded at the same time in the. Asf.

Christian Guest

I'm using a cool video download software YouTube Robot which is very convenient and fast.With this you can forget about recharging your player with fresh movies and just take care of your business, while the software automatically checks your favorite video sites for new movies, downloads and transfers them to your MP4 or mobile phones.

The Youtube Robot software is quiet easy to use, the styles are interesting!

Sophronia Guest

My boy-friend presented to me this tool. I am grateful him for it. Now we can share the best clips with
    Movisherlock. He sent me a link for the cool song of Kesha. I just save this clip with Moviesherlock and
    enjoy together on the beach.