Thread: Verizon Online DSL disconnect after few seconds

Verizon Online DSL disconnect after few seconds

Hi,
    I sm using a Verizon Online Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) from the last 2 years. I face the problem such as, my DSL disconnect after ever few seconds. This issue i started facing from the last 4 to 5 days. Sometime i am able to make the connection in 30 to 40 sec and some days it take 30 minutes. I have a westell model 6100 modem and also a wireless router WRT54G. Please provide some kind of help.
    Last edited by Chomu2; 04-10-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Re: Verizon Online DSL disconnect after few seconds

I feel that there may be following from with you. First think i fell is that there may be lot of noise on the line and your signal connection may not be as strong as the noise. You might also be facing the problem with the rain, because due to the rain your noise might be going higher. I will suggest you to disconnect your phone and filters. If sill not able to fox then call to your ISP on the line to report this issue.

I tried to call to the support center. They have advices me to close the modem and listen to the telephone. I i listened to the phone then i noticed that there is no buzzing sound in it. But when i turn on my telephone and then listen to the sound, i am able to listen the buzzing static sound. They have told me that, they will solve my problem, but till now my problem is not being solved.

The same problem even i am facing in my DSL. When i am using the internet on my laptop then suddenly my laptop gets disconnected. This thing happen after every 30 to 40 minutes. Then after that i have to again make the connection and again in few minutes it gets disconnected. This thing happens the whole day. I am not understanding that what to do?

I think that you are facing this problem because of the filter you are having. I will recommend you to change your filters and try using the new one. I will also advice you to change the phone socket on the wall. You can call a technician to do this changes or if you know it to do then is is fine. Try this out and give me the reply.

I am having the Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) at my home for connecting the internet. I also have a telephone line and a filter. The telephone is such that it puts a lot of static noise on the phone line by taking the help of the transformer pack. After this i have replaced the telephone. Now the DSL which i am having is supposed to put a noise on the line without making use of a filter to remove it.