Thread: What are the new features in Internet Explorer 9?

What are the new features in Internet Explorer 9?

I am thinking to install an Internet Explorer 9, but don't know much about it. So thought before installing it, I should take some lessons from you members. Please explain me about the new features in Internet Explorer 9? Since, you members explain very briefly, I thought to post here my doubt instead of searching it on internet. Any other information about the same would be really grateful.

Re: What are the new features in Internet Explorer 9?

I would like to tell you about the Browser interface. The new surface of the IE9 is very basic. By default, all toolbars are disabled. The address and search bar have been combined to form-one box. The button for the favorites was shifted to the right and is now next to the buttons Home, Tools, and the columns Favorites and History. The status bar is also disabled by default. Messages you receive mainly on the notification bar that appears at the bottom of the page.

Download Manager is also a good feature of Internet Explorer 9. There is a new download manager that previous downloads and displays their locations. Can also specify a default location. As with most Explorer windows have the download manager integrated search bar in the upper right corner of the window. The key combination to open the manager is CTRL+J. When a file is downloaded, the bottom of the IE window, the download bar is displayed. Click Options to save or run the files. Also, the downloads be paused, stopped, or displayed. If IE is closed during a download, the download will pause and resume when IE is opened again. Downloaded files are using different tests (SmartScreen Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware, digital signature, reputation, etc.) automatically checked.

Add-on Manager

The appearance of the add-on manager was not further modified. The message and background functions, however, were completely revised. When you first start you will be asked to deactivate all the necessary add-ons. If you click Disable Add-ons button on, performance is the IE add-on open Advisor. If the IE is perhaps caused by a faulty script or because of an add-on works more slowly, like this one will also be informed of the notification bar and can identify problematic add-ons. After installing a new add-ons is displayed in IE9 the first restart of the browser a list of installed add-ons and you have to activate the add-on, so it can be used.

There are also Back-end changes in IE 9. IE uses the powerful GPU technology to represent HTML5 multimedia elements. This includes the hardware-accelerated graphics and displaying text and playing audio and video files. The reproduction of these elements is therefore very fast. The new Chakra JavaScript engine enables faster loading pages with JavaScript. The total memory usage and power consumption were reduced. On systems with less memory are thus better results and the battery life is extended.

With IE9 beta, you have the ability to pin sites to the taskbar which allows you to access your favorite sites without even opening IE. Also, tear-off tabs allow you to drag a tab out of Internet Explorer to open the tab's webpage in a new window, and Snap it for side-by-side viewing (you can only Snap if you have Windows 7).

Cheers,
    Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team