Thread: What are the system requirements for installing Internet Explorer 9?

What are the system requirements for installing Internet Explorer 9?

I have installed Internet Explorer 9 beta version in my system. When I am trying to run that browser, I get an error message stating that "Internet Explorer 9 Beta Stopped Working". This message comes every time I start IE 9. According to me, I think that there should be some problem with the requirements that are needed for IE 9. So please tell me what are the system requirements for installing Internet Explorer 9? I think that someone hanging out there would help me soon.

Re: What are the system requirements for installing Internet Explorer 9?

Since you are getting an error message "Internet Explorer 9 Beta Stopped Working", there may be other causes for this issue. For more information about the resolution of this problem, you should look at Internet Explorer 9 Beta Stopped Working. I think that requirements doesn't matter that much for a specific application. So first try to solve that problem as discussed in mentioned thread, and if the problem still persist (rare chances), then you can check the requirements.

IE9 uses many graphics and power shifts that were introduced with Windows Vista and in Windows 7 are used. IE9 therefore is not supported by Windows XP. The operating system is at least Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 RTM is required for IE9 can be used.

For the graphic components and devices of a IE9 beta are required and further updates are installed automatically. Should the necessary updates with the IE9 automatic installation can be performed because, for example, no Internet connection during installation is available, you can manually install these separately. Internet Explorer 9 has a minimum requirement for the following Operating Systems:
    • Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later versions
    • Windows 7 (x86 and x64) or later versions
    • Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later versions
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or later versions
    If you are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, less than Service Pack 2, install the latest service pack.

I think that requirements doesn't matter that much for a specific application.
    I am surprised that someone commenting that requirements doesn't play an important role. I would like to tell you that if you are trying to install Internet Explorer in Windows XP, then definitely it is not going to run. So I would like to suggest you to check the requirements properly.

Internet Explorer 9 will endeavor to involuntarily install software prerequisites. If installation of the prerequisites be unsuccessful, Internet Explorer will 9 not persist with installation. If this is the case, install the fundamentals manually. Also try to temporarily disable anti-spyware and anti virus software. Before you temporarily disable your virus scanner, make sure that the Windows Firewall is enabled. After you complete the steps, enable the virus scanner again.

I have also occasionally seen problems on some laptops with switchable graphics cards. Here, depending on load profile, power supply and battery charge level used in either a chipset integrated graphics chip or a dedicated graphics processor. This happens automatically. This should assure you that you latest BIOS for the notebook manufacturer and the latest video card driver in use has the (for ATI graphics chips). If the problem persists, you can switch the automatic switching on / off in the BIOS, or disable hardware acceleration when rendering in and turn on software rendering.

In most cases you can exclude non-compatible add-ons, by starting the browser without add-ons. Manually to do this, start by typing in the Web menu and the menu, select Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) or select using the command-extoff with iexplore.exe. To in the past disguised settings from Internet Explorer to reset the default settings and disable all add-ons that can be seen in the control panel in the Internet Options on the Advanced tab, Internet Explorer settings reset.