Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get rid of Phoenix FailSafe installer ?

Technology & Internet

Old 02-10-2010

How to get rid of Phoenix FailSafe installer ?

Hello. I have a Samsung N140 with Windows 7. A popup appears frequently, offering to install fail-safe, I do not want to install the failsafe. Does anyone know what is failsafe allabout and also tell me how to remove this popup without lowering the security level of my PC in fact, disable the automatic launch of Failsafe install? Thank you.

Old 02-10-2010

Re: How to get rid of Phoenix FailSafe installer ?

You can disable the launch of the installation window by simply following the procedures below:
  • Open a command prompt '(Accessories) type the command' msconfig '.
  • In the tab 'startup' window 'system configuration' checkbox disables 'FailsafeLaucher'. Restart your pc. The system will ask you to install more software.
  • You do not uninstall everything is still in program files and the reverse you could reset the launch of the installation window failsafe.
Old 02-10-2010

As far as the Phoenix failsafe is concerned I do not think you can disable the notifications for a single program but rather a type of alerts. Apart from that You can configure your laptop by simply going to Start -> Control Panel -> Maintenance Center. Look also under "Change settings of service center".
Old 02-10-2010

Hello all, I just had a Samsung notebook with a distant friend, a black screen at startup with "Phoenix Failsafe: Enter Key: - - - - appears, I have not the key nor the previous owners of this PC. This is an OEM SAMSUNG. What i wanted to ask here is that what is the Phoenix failsafe all about. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2010

This pheonix failsafe application is designed primarily to enterprise data seems to me very undesirable for private use. Risk of accidental erasure of hard disk , it will protect you from this kind of unknown or undesired erasure of your useful data. Try to use a number of uninstaller application like the windows uninstaller utility or the Revo uninstaller.
Old 21-10-2010

I just joined here.. and this is not a reply.. but rather another question. I purchased a refurbished Samsung N 210 a couple of weeks ago, got to the airport and could not access anything anymore because of the Phoenix failsafe key that is needed... and that I do not have..
I am now at home, on the trusty old mac to write this.... NOT being able to access anything, including internet.. to get uninstall software.. NOthing except a black screen with that notice....
Frustration is running high!!!
HELP..... uhhhhh.. pleeeeze?

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,