Thread: Nod32 antivirus causing downloads to freeze

Nod32 antivirus causing downloads to freeze

I have installed one NOD32 antivirus on my laptop for trial biases. I am using 64 bit system. But from the first day I am facing one problem. Whenever I try to download anything, it freezes it at 99%. First time I thought it is happening because of firewall or browser problem but after some search I came to know that, problem is in my antivirus. If I made my antivirus disable, my all downloading work well up to 100% without any problem. Anyone knows the exact problem? Is there any setting in NOD32 to run downloading till 100%? Please give me your adviceā€¦

Re: Nod32 antivirus causing downloads to freeze

I think so problem is in your browser settings. Suppose you are using Mozilla Firefox and have enables virus auto check in browser then it will scan you’re downloading all the time and can stop it anywhere if there is some virus doubt. You have to disable that option in your Mozilla Firefox. To make it disable type about:config in your Firefox address bar and type Enter. Now find browser downloading and then go to in manager and scandownloding. Ste that option to false. Now I hope your problem will be solved.

Thanks for giving me your suggestion. Yes I use Mozilla Firefox also for browsing but I was facing this problem on every browser. And it is not possible to have enable virus scan setting on every browser. But still I made those settings done on my Mozilla Firefox and it did not help me out. Please give some more solution to solve this issue. I am not able to download new movies via torrent files. I am really needed to solve this solution.

Yes I know about this problem and it is a real time protection problem. You can see this problem in Internet explorer 8 , FireFox 3.7 or in Opera 10.52. You will not see this in Opera.dll which is available with support module. Nod32 antivirus use your browser as hostage to scan downloading files until they complete and when I find some doubt of scan he make it hang. Some time you can see your browser freeze due to this entire problem. Try to change you protection settings.

I was also facing this problem on my browsers. Whenever I tried to download it stopped at 99%. I made uninstall and reinstall my NOD32 antivirus but still it was giving me problem. But now I have solved this issue. Through real time protection, it scans the downloading folder. It scan you entire folder but if you will move your files out from the downloading folder, then it will work and will not stop before completing the task

It’s really very interesting solution. I have also noticed that that when Nod32 scan all these files at downloading time, some temporary files are created in windows temp folder. I think Nod 32 scanting all those file and storing them on temp folder. So it’s better to remove out all files from downloading folder to get best result. I will also try this on my computer to work without any problem.