Thread: "Internet Explorer has stopped working" in IE9 beta for Windows 7 Ultimate

"Internet Explorer has stopped working" in IE9 beta for Windows 7 Ultimate

The 32-bit version of the Internet Explorer 9 beta is not working well with the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 based systems. It always displays a error message saying that the Internet Explorer has stopped working. This problem is occurred because of the program that is not working correctly. If there will be a solution then it will be provided to you with the notification for it. I have tried many times but I have not find a solution for it yet.

Re: "Internet Explorer has stopped working" in IE9 beta for Windows 7 Ultimate

In your case that you have just specified I do not think that there is any way by which there is any problem with the Windows 7 side. One more thing is that you can run the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer on Windows 7 64-bit. I guess that the 32-bit version of the Internet Explorer that you are using is corrupted. I would suggest you to first uninstall the Internet Explorer 9 and then download a new file and then install it and see if it is running.

I am also in total agreement with what johnson22 suggested. Well there are some posts that I have also monitored and all have come up with some new issues with the Internet Explorer 9. I have also come across the situations where some of them had problem in uninstalling the Internet Explorer. I have posted this so that you can have a solution in reserve if you get brakes while uninstalling the browser. Please do post if you are unable to get the browser uninstalled I will guide you there.

Well I do not have any kind of problem with the Internet Explorer 9 that I am using. At the start well I had some issues but I got it rectified. The beta version is really working nicely on my Windows 7 machine. I went into the Control Panel, there I selected the Network and Internet, after that Internet Options, then Internet Options. After the Internet Options I went in the Advanced and there I selected the Reset Internet Explorer Settings. This helped me work the IE 9 on my machine hope that this will work on yours too.

Uninstalling the Internet Explorer 9 in my opinion should be tried when all the other things cannot go in your way. Well there is no problem at all if you want to go with the simple diagnosis. If you want to try some of the basic diagnosis then I think you can go and see all the threads below. I am sure that they will have something vital for you. Here are the links for the threads:
    1.INTERNET EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING
    2.Constant problems with Internet Explorer

3.Error message - "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
    Hope that you will find it useful.

I have tried all the possible things that I could but now I think the only option that I can go with is the UNINSTALLATION OF THE INTERNET EXPLORER 9. Well I have decided this because I was not able to reset the Internet Explorer settings and now I do not think that there is any other way by which this can be done. Please Daniel23; give me the steps that you were talking about for uninstalling the INTERNET EXPLORER 9.

Well here are the steps for uninstalling the IE9. The steps are common for both Windows Vista and for Windows 7:
    • First of all click on the Start button.
    • In the Search box you will have to type Programs and Features.
    • Once you are finished with the typing then you will have to click View installed updates.
    • Now, right-click on the Internet Explorer 9 and then click on the Uninstall.
    • When it will prompt just click on the Yes.
    • After that you will have to restart the computer.

Hope this will help you.