Thread: Internet Explorer 9 | Frequently Asked Questions

Internet Explorer 9 | Frequently Asked Questions

I have just heard about the release of the Internet Explorer 9. I am not a fan of Internet Explorer; I was very disappointed when for the very first time I used Internet Explorer 7. It was really a very bad experience, from that day I started using Mozilla Firefox 3.5. I was using this browser for many days, now when I upgraded to FF 3.6, I have noticed that it has started to crash. Now I am looking for a replacement. I have come across IE 9. I just wanted to discuss some of the questions about Internet Explorer 9 and its features?

Re: Internet Explorer 9 | Frequently Asked Questions

Yes I have also seen the release of Internet Explorer 9 and have heard lot of people discussing about this. So I thought of starting discussion about this thing. I wanted to know, what will be the minimum requirements that I will have to have so that I can install the Internet Explorer 9 on my PC. Can anyone tell me regarding this? I will be really grateful to the one who comes up with the answer. Thanks in advance.

Well Adrie I think you will have to wait for someone else to come up here with the solution. I have shown myself here because I have a question that most of the people are posting and have trouble with the Internet Explorer 9. They have problem in finding the email button in the Internet Explorer. The email button is an integral part of the Command Bar, and by default it is not enabled in the Internet Explorer 9. If you want to enable it you will have to press the Alt key on the keyboard and then go to View then Toolbar and then finally to Command Bar.

The Internet Explorer 9 that you all are talking about is the Beta version. This was just to inform those who do not know about it. Now it does not require anything extra. It requires Windows Vista Service Pack 2 so that it can run swiftly. As the Internet Explorer 9 consumes more graphics it cannot be run on Windows XP. The minimum requirement for operating system is the Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7. Hope that you got your answer.

Here the discussion is going on for the Internet Explorer; I would like to compare Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 8, and I am sure that many of them will be having this thing on their mind. It is just a short distinction between the two. In Internet Explorer 9, by default, all toolbars turned off and the interface is also minimal. In the Internet Explorer 8 the address bar and search bar were not merged but in Internet Explorer 9 it is now merged. To refer to HTML5 multimedia elements Internet Explorer 9 will be consuming the power of the GPU.

Here are some of the new features of IE9 beta:

- A new streamlined / simplistic look and feel
    - The ability to pin sites to the taskbar: allowing you to visit sites without even opening an instance of IE
    - Download Manager: Keeps a list of files you download from the internet and gives you a heads-up when a file may be malicious
    - Tear-off tabs: Allows you to drag a tab out of IE and open it in another window.
    - Search in the address bar: You can either enter a website address to go directly to a site, or enter a search term in the same box

I have seen many of the users that have posted their query saying how they will print the pages in the Internet Explorer9, and I have found this as the frequent question for the Internet Explorer. Well it is simple, however the print button, by default is enabled in the Internet Explorer 8, and it is not enabled in the Internet Explorer 9. All you have to do is go to the View then Toolbars and then finally to Command Bar. There you can enable it. Y9ou can also print the Web-Page by pressing the CTRL+ P key.

Cannot see the Status Bar? It is the most frequent thing that many of the people ask about. Some of them have also asked what does the status bar has to do with the browser. Status bar, informs about the URL, whenever a link is hovered. In addition to this it allows the Zoom on the page. In Internet Explorer 9, by default it is also disabled, so for enabling you will have to first go to View, then Toolbars and then to Status Bar.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain