Thread: Internet Explorer 9 does not work with any video related site

Internet Explorer 9 does not work with any video related site

Well I do not what is the problem with the Internet Explorer 9. It has really problem with the videos related sites. I do not know why but both the Flash and Silverlight failed to play the videos on that site. What could be the possible reason behind this? I have all the recommended plug-ins for this, but still it cannot. While when I go to that site using the Mozilla Firefox or Opera Mini, I do not find any problem with that. Please suggest some solution.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 does not work with any video related site

In my opinion I think that the problem is from the Flash side. Please try the latest updates for the Flash so that it can play the files for you. If at all the updates do not work for you then I think that the best possible thing will be to uninstall the Flash and download the latest Flash from the Adobe site and after installation pay visit to the site that was causing you the problem. I am sure that this will help you to play the files.

I am also facing the same issue with the Internet Explorer 9. On my system I am using Windows Vista, and when I was having Internet Explorer 8 with me, there was no problem in running the video site. Now when I tried to visit the video sites after upgrading to the Internet Explorer 9 the videos are not running. I tried uninstalling the Internet Explorer 9 and after that with the Internet Explorer 8 when I went to the same site this time too they did not play. I am now wondering what could be the problem.

What is the bit version of the Internet Explorer that you are using at the very moment? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit? I am giving the solution assuming that the browser is the Internet Explorer 9 32-bit. I will also suggest you to update Flash that you have installed on the computer. Just follow the steps below:
    • Select the Start
    • Then go to the All Programs
    • After that click on the option that says Internet Explorer, it will start the 32-bit version.
    • After this go to the official website of the Adobe and go to the Flash Player Download Center, they will install the correct Flash Player for your browser.

I do not think that this is going to be because of the Flash, because if the lash would have been the real culprit then I think that I would have not been able to play the videos on the Videos Related Site, when I visited there with the other browser. Can anyone here explain me about this thing? Well I will go with the uninstallation only after I get this point cleared. I just cannot go and do this thing directly. Please help.

Hi Tejapaala,

I do think the issue is a compatibilty issue with IE9 beta and the version of Flash that you are running. I have seen this issue elsewhere (mainly in not being able to see video content in Facebook) and downloading the new Adobe "Square" has helped - http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team

I will definitely get your point cleared. Actually Adobe Flash is a separate thing (you can say that this is a type of add-on) and it has to be for each and every browser that you are using. I mean to say that the Adobe Flash for the Internet Explorer has to be installed separately on it and the same is the case with the other browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera Mini. It is up to the browser which Flash version it needs. I think that the IE9 requires the higher version, so please go for it.

I have another solution for your problem. You will not have to get yourself troubled so much for this thing. All you have to do is first uninstall the Flash from your system. When you are done with this open the Internet Explorer 9 and visit the site where the video was not playing. When you will try to play the videos there it will ask you to install the Flash Player, and then according to the requirement it will fetch you the appropriate Flash Player. Install that player, and I am sure that you will be able to play the videos.