Thread: iPad for musicians and audio engineers

iPad for musicians and audio engineers

Introduction :
    IPad has potential to become a tool for musicians and audio engineers in the live arena? I would say yes! Because with the Camera Conection Kit could probably combine USB audio interfaces with Apple's Tablet, which can provide the necessary audio inputs and outputs. I had some time this vision in mind, the liese to "abuse" iPad as a tone generator and sample / Loop schleuder for live musicians, a potential that Apple still has in his planning on the screen. If you look look at the technical levels of the iPad, I can not help that the iPad more memory and processing power in it than my old sampler / synth rack.

Not only in my MacBook Pro has replaced the old hardware synthesizer on stage, because the benefits are obvious: my sounds fit into the laptop case, everything is set up fast and reliable in operation. Whether it is a Hammond B3 Leslie plus authentic sound than software emulation, the question to me is not so, because for one I do not own B3, on the other hand I'm only "temporary keyboard player" in the main business and bassist and guitarist.

Re: iPad for musicians and audio engineers

People tell me that trends are made on the road. Recently I was in Portugal on vacation, because I noticed the countless street musicians who played in the evening in pubs and bars. Fortunately, no backup-Incas, visit our pedestrian zones, but most of good musicians. ... All with a netbook on the way that ensured the company / sounds. As you saw from iTunes playback up to stripped-DAW installations just about everything. Because the advantage is obvious, so a netbook fits even in the acoustic guitar gig bag. But whether band or solo musician, any netbook box was always on stage. Stylish course, saw an iPad. How do you get now from the Audio iPad and back again? If this works, as Bill Stewart in this mailing list out, then Class 1 Compliant USB interfaces such as the Edirol UA-25.

With a sample rate of 48 kHz and 16 bits, you get support right now with the iPad, it would certainly be at the lower end of the audio standards, the values should be enough for a live application. In Logic and Mainstage has one at Apple, the matching templates in the portfolio, so I'm curious if it is then given a iPad adapted Logic App. Most likely I would here the people of Ableton App innovation in this direction credit for. Even if it is determined not to consider a lot of points (power supply, MIDI), the prospects I find quite appealing.

the Line6 MIDI interface for the iPhone has also led me to my reflections. But if I read correctly, then audio and MIDI (the moment) for iPad still a problem. But look, may well be just a programming matters.

An adapted Mainstage 2 on the iPad That's all there yet. For my purposes, however, the processor would be too weak in the chest. But the iPad has definitely potential for the stage. More power to cut loops as my SP 505 it should have in any case. From the GUI, never mind. I'm looking forward to the next development version.