Thread: Default gateway problem, router problem

Default gateway problem, router problem

Sorry for double-posting, bad section...

Hello, yesterday I tried a few things on my router's settings. I wanted to try some changes with MAC configurations etc (In fact, I wasn't sure what I am exactly doing). I typed random MAC address on field "Clone MAC Address" on WAN configuration list and also the same MAC on field "Clone MAC Address" in LAN configuration tab - I think this is the problem, because after that I restarted my router a from that moment I couldnt connect to it vie default gateway (like I normally do). I tried several things, but nothing worked out. Thx for reply and helping me out.

PS(Dont ask me for basic slutions like bad cable, bad default gateway, settings IP with Subnet mask etc, I tried all this.) Also I tried to RESET the router to factory settings, but I dont think that it worked(the reseting) because I still see on my wifi that SSID i set half year ago, with the same password (thats weird, itsn't it? It should be deleted when u reset router) And yes, i pressed the restart button 10-30 sec while powering up...) I also tried to change MAC on my net driver to the MAC i set on router (Clone MAC address) - nothing...

PLS HELP !!

Thanks,

Digi

Re: Default gateway problem, router problem

I understand that you have a router in bridge mode, that is, authentication is performed directly from the desktop. And because the provider is known for its MAC-address, the connection is, of course, is established. But when you connect a laptop with a different MAC-address that does not happen. To connect two computers to the Internet, it is necessary that authorization is handled by the router directly, and that it is successful, its MAC-address visible to the provider's server (WAN MAC address) should be the same as your desktop. To do this, and need a function MAC address clone. I guess I have understood you query correctly.

See if this link helps you How To Clone Mac Address?