Thread: Exchange mail crashes iPad - "Looping Reboot of Death"

Exchange mail crashes iPad - "Looping Reboot of Death"

I am using Lotus Notes-based email client on my iPad which is connected through the Exchange server connection. The iPad is working fine other times but whenever I try to access mail it crashes. I can see it going into "Looping Reboot of Death" cycle and then it restarts automatically. It then asks for the passcode and then another restart. I tried Restore function and then configuring my mail settings once again but that didn't worked either. Is there any one who can help me to get my mail on my iPad?

Re: Exchange mail crashes iPad - "Looping Reboot of Death"

One of my friend had the same problem of ipad mail crashing when connected to the exchange server. He tried a lot of things but nothing fixed the problem. So finally he tried to remove the exchange server and wooh it there was no more crashed on the ipad. Hence I would suggest you to try remove the Exchange server on the mail setting..

Thanks for your input but it didn't worked. Until now I have tried turn off the email and the iPad work absolutely fine. What do you think, do I have to delete and reset the profile to get my mails working? However, can this problem be related to connectivity issue?

Its better if you cannot solve the problem then I would suggest you to contact Apple support team. They will help you in a much better way since they expertise in the same field. So discuss about your problem with them and you should have the solution.

I had the same problem once upon a time. I also deleted my exchange account and added it once again but it was of no help. After a lot of discussion with Apple team, they finally concluded that it should be the problem of my exchange server but this doesn't occur on other devices connected to the same Exchange server. However, at last I changed the settings from push to manual on Exchange server and since then it seems to be more stable.

I suppose it should be related to size of your mail account. Check the size of your email account on Exchange server and see if you didn't exceeded the limit. I have find some people having such kind of problem when they cross there account limit. It may also be due to your iPad which is unable to handle the size of the mail account, although you didn't crossed the size limit for your account. Check which of the thing is applicable to you and get it solved.