Thread: Google Chrome 6 final release

Google Chrome 6 final release

Chromium 6 has been released in final version to celebrate two years of the Google Browser. Since its inception, it has always been particularly responsive in terms of changes and adding new features. This anniversary is no exception to the rule, because the final version of Chromium 6 is available now (for Mac, Windows and Linux). Developers had already heard of Chromium 6 from a time via its beta versions. It is now stable enough to go to meet the public. Chrome has not visually changed much since its inception in 2008. However, it is much faster now (three times faster for JavaScript according to Google). Moreover, despite all extensions and features that were added through the month, Chrome is very light weight. And its cycle of renewal does not seem slow, since the development version 7 is already well advanced. To add to that the imminent opening of the Chrome Web Store (of the Net-based applications designed to integrate with the browser) and the arrival of Chrome OS.

You can download Google Chrome 6 here

Re: Google Chrome 6 final release

Update the beta Chromium 6 :
    Improved JavaScript performance, synchronization, and a more refined IU. Chromium 6, available since June on the channel developer, went into beta in late July. Google has made an update to this version. The menu interface a facelift, improved synchronization and a much faster V8, the Javascript engine for Google. The auto-fill the browser has been reviewed. It requires the confirmation of the user when inserting data into the forms. The registration numbers of credit cards also requires confirmation. The auto-fill data collected and the extensions can now be synchronized, as well as themes, bookmarks and settings of the user. The development team has postponed the integration of plug-in PDF, now on the Developer but not build on this beta. Among the changes at the interface, the button stop / refresh "left" the Omnibox "to join the other buttons on the toolbar, even more refined. The address bar / search has been simplified and in turn the buttons "Page Options" and "Browser Configuration" become one. Under the hood, Google announced an acceleration performance of its JavaScript engine to 15% on both SunSpider benchmarks and V8, and 64% on the test Dromaeo Mozilla. The new version of the software is available on the official site.

Google Chrome 6:
    Google announces development cycles shorter still for its browser. Google has decided to accelerate the release versions of Google Chrome to reach the pace of a version every 6 weeks. This strategy of "get out more and faster" allow users to regularly add new features, but not necessarily immediately those they expect. Important features and could be postponed in order to meet deadlines and out of stable releases. Version 6 of the browser is already available for download on the "dev channel (channel developers) but she is still very unstable for general public use. Let's see what the project team decided to include in the step 6 of the browser: Preview before printing, a major weakness of previous versions. But users of MacOS or Linux version 7 should wait to receive. Synchronization of extensions, a user could find the same extensions on multiple machines. Synchronization historical. A fix for the display of some SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) Fusion buttons: Options page and browser configuration in one button menu. Improved handling of images to exploit multi-core processors. Among the features that must wait for another note the arrangement of the tabs on the sidebar (rather than at the top of the window), viewing full-screen videos to HTML5, and the Native Client (which would allow applications downloaded via Chrome run safely in a sandbox (sand tray to)). The beat version of the Google chrome is available on official site.

I find it a bit short six weeks, however, if it gets release and quality that Chrome is still as powerful and lightweight, why not I also think that Chrome is actually a little more browser, I find it far superior to IE and Firefox especially, his rival more or less direct, so I found a version every six weeks is a lot , Chrome no longer really need major new features as it could be the beginning (extensions, etc.)

There is only one thing that repels me to move to 100% Chromium: The system of favorites. In Firefox, I open it for later. All my important files are always open, and I choose how and when I close the utility. On Chrome it is all the time, or it is displayed at opening a new tab. Apart from this major fault (From my point of view), there is nothing wrong: It is the best.

The operating system is intimately linked to the Google browser, it can be a way to work two products. But in this case, only the UNIX platform the browser is concerned.

I think this is due to a more profound than a change of pace outings. There is the beta of Firefox 4, which is already there (which looks very interesting) and IE side 9 which is still in preview but certainly visibly appear to be rather damn good for once. Strategically for Chrome, it might feel if the block remains unchanged. With a release every 6 weeks, it is announcing some interesting features with each release. So a continued enthusiasm for Chrome, or even increase.

Google Chrome seduced me from the version 3, while I was on Windows Vista. Now I'm on Linux (Debian Ubuntu), and I am adept chronium 5. In fact, I like Chrome because it is simple, fast, pretty, but mainly because it is constantly changing. Thus, I can only be delighted at the increasing rate of new versions