Thread: Mac OS X hardware acceleration in 1.1

Mac OS X hardware acceleration in 1.1

I heard about the new update provided for the Flash player for Mac OS X hardware acceleration. I found some sites which has guaranteed bug in this and that has cost security issue. Does there is two different Flash installer for Internet Explorer and other browsers. I think so yes. What are the benefit of the same and does it will be better to go for the update.

Re: Mac OS X hardware acceleration in 1.1

It is true that after the Windows PC it's time for Apple Mac computers to be offered support for hardware acceleration of H.264 Flash video. This means that when decoding this type of videos, Flash 10.1.82.76 use the capabilities of integrated graphics chips for Macs in order to relieve the processor. However, all Macs will not receive this support hardware acceleration.

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.3 and the same work. I found that it must the version which I have or higher to work. It is also only compatible with Nvidia GeForce 9400M, 320M and Geforce GT 330M. So you will need to ensure proper hardware support to run the same. Finally, only 720p and 1080p videos provided by YouTube will benefit from hardware acceleration.

This feature is expected very valid for Macs equipped with a GeForce 9400M, a GeForce 320M or 330M GeForce. The iMac and Mac Pro units of ATI Radeon graphics cards are not affected. So when viewing a YouTube video in 720p (Home) with the previous version of Flash, the occupation of the central processor Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz is 45% while it drops to 17% with the new drivers.

Adobe has put online a new version of Flash Player designed for machines running Mac OS X. Mac users should notice a reduction in CPU load during video playback compatible, some of the calculations made deported to the GPU. It is not a fully tool but there are limitations for the same. It also specifies that hardware acceleration can only work on two instances simultaneously.

By integrating the hardware acceleration is demanded for playback of H.264 videos significantly less computational power of the CPU. Accordingly, the CPU usage drops significantly with the new version. Windows users will, however, have long benefited from the accelerated playback, and are not dependent on an update. Adobe closed during the upgrade additional six security vulnerabilities.

You can run the update for the same and it supports most of the same. The update is released a long time before and I think that the new one also give support for older model. So here by this you can view the full screen video no your screen directly. There are lots of security holes fixed in the new updates. First of all, the hardware acceleration, which should significantly improve the performance of software, but only on Windows.