Thread: How do I reinstall my Firefox without losing any bookmark

How do I reinstall my Firefox without losing any bookmark

I am preparing to switch my Firefox to the English description. Additional than I do not be familiar with how to do it without losing more than a few saved file such as bookmarks, extensions and history is there an simple method to do it. I am having a number of dangerously strange tribulations by means of FireFox, and I actually necessitate to reinstall it. I am not innovative to Macs, other than honestly I do not be familiar with how to do this without losing my saved passwords, bookmarks, etc. that I locate extremely significant. How do I eliminate and reinstall FireFox without losing my information in sequence. And, how do I import my preserved info into the innovative FireFox.

Re: How do I reinstall my Firefox without losing any bookmark

In this you have to re-installing Firefox determine to not touch your bookmarks, extensions, history etc, additional than to play safe you be able to backup your profile (position where user data containing bookmarks are stored They by no means save in the first place, I hit it off bookmark this page and nothing occurs. The pop up window is not obscured moreover. The ones that I initially imported are extremely well and I am able to get them to demonstrate if I bookmark on my laptop and utilize Foxmarks.

I am working with a 3.0.4 Firefox on an iMac. I not be able to save bookmarks, when I go from side to side the procedure nothing occurs. If on the additional hand I try and save a page that is previously in my bookmarks the standard box pops up by means of the communication that I encompass previously bookmarked it. I have encompassed uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and it has not made several difference. I was working with Foxmarks and thought that might be the tribulations and uninstalled that, other than it has not made several dissimilarity. I have spent a couple of hours today trying to sort this, other than not be able to locate anything that has helped so several assist much appreciated.

To save your bookmarks in several version or description of Mozilla/Firefox. Hit it off on the Bookmarks tab to put in order bookmarks once that opens give the impression of being at the top you be supposed to observe "Import and Backup" there's 2 ways to backup. You have to hit it off "Backup" then after that you have to hit it off "Export HTML" I do together then copy it to an RW disk for backup been doing this and backing up email for years & years my email file is so big I have encompassed to split the file in regarding 4 pcs =4cd-rw's anticipate this info helps.

I am having the accurate similar tribulations by means of FF 3.04 on WinXP. Subsequent to getting a innovative laptop and trying to set up FF on it, I encompass not been capable to import my saved bookmarks commencing IE or a saved html file. The Foxmarks not be able to sync my bookmarks moreover. So I am at a loss. I have comprised and seen quite a small number of messages from additional users complaining of the similar thing on FF 3.04. Perhaps there is a bug by means of this.

It turns out with the intention of I used mozbackup to restore my arrangement from one system to an additional. What I did not realize was that it purchased in excess of the entire of my extensions, even those that were put out of action, and completed them the entire facilitated on my innovative configuration. For me, putting out of action the offending extensions purchased back full functionality (I was in addition having tribulations that I might not right hit it off anymore and that was solved by putting out of action Mouse Gestures Redux that was conflicting by means of my All-In-One Gestures).

More than a few times I was not capable to save my bookmark. It always occurred right subsequent to the disappearance of a folder in the personal toolbar. Subsequent to investigation, it comes into view that my JSON file was besmirched. I tried to erase it by means of no achievement. In conclusion, I understood that the bookmarks were primarily stored in the places.sqlite file. I erased it and the whole thing came back to normal.