Thread: Preview won't print or create pdfs from Firefox

Preview won't print or create pdfs from Firefox

Hi Friends, I like to use Firefox but it is showing some problem. For research purpose I have to create pdf’s to save my computer. I was doing this with the help of preview and print Web pages. From few days these two functions are not working properly. The preview does not work on Firefox when I create pdf’s. All other software on my computer create the pdf’s and can print on Canon Pixma.

Can you guess what may be the problem? Please provide the appropriate solution. Thank you.

Re: Preview won't print or create pdfs from Firefox

I dont think that preview makes the PDF's. OS X is doing this work and sends it for the preview which you can see as a pdf. This is created on the basis of the data which are provided application. There may be problem with your Canon print queue and I think you should delete Canon print queue and create the new queue. I think this will help you and you will be able to do the things.

You should make sure that your drivers are up to date or not. If it is not then it may also cause the same problem. You should update your driver. Search on internet for the latest driver available for your device and if it available then download and install it. In many of such cases updating the driver solves the issue and I think it will solves your problem also.

There may be problem with the print system which is not allowing the preview process to accomplish. I think you have to reset your print system. It is very easy to reset the the print the system. Go to System preferences and right click on printer list over there. You will see an option for print & fax. click on it. After that search for reset option. this will reset the print system

I think there is a problem with the version of the Firefox you are using. It may be the older one. You should search for the latest version for the Firefox and download it. Replace your current version with it. New version has some new and extra features. I think this will help you and get this issue out. This will be the best option for you.

You should try Adobe Reader. I was also having the same problem. Preview was only printing alternate page on my iMac. I was not able to find the solution for that then one of friend advised to use Adobe reader and I did the same and now I am not getting the that problem and I am happy with it. You should also go for it. Good Luck

Many people asked me the same problem that why Firefox for Mac is not able to open the PDF files in the same way as it opens it for Windows. If the browser is giving access to Adobe Bookmarks then it will give the fast browsing in the document. I think this will clear the idea behind your doubt and it will be easy for you to search the solution for it.