Thread: You have chosen to open index.php? - Firefox not viewing pages

You have chosen to open index.php? - Firefox not viewing pages

I have got bored now by opening the links in an Internet Explorer from the Mozilla Firefox. When i try to open some links on my Firefox then it offers me to save the page. But i have noticed one thing that sometime it works on other machines and some time not. There is one more machine on which i am using the same copy of firefox and it is working there.

Re: You have chosen to open index.php? - Firefox not viewing pages

I have seen such issues on my system when i try to access some URLs by using the Mozilla Firefox. Problem seems to be with the server itself from where you are asking for the webpages. Actually this problem cannot be solved from your end as the server which sends you the requested page wont be able to provide you sufficiently. You need to wait until they solves the problem with the web server.

I suggest you to try accessing that same webpage by using some proxy server which might let you view those webpages which have blocked your IP address from their server. I suggest you to search for good proxy server (website) where you can eneter the link on which you want to get redirected. I guess this should be working for you.

This kind of problem persists when your Internet Service Provider have blocked your access to internet partically. Actually they can mention some of an URLs which cannot be loaded from their server and the websites you search for ultimately searched by your ISP's server which in turn provides you the same page when it gets it. But if the page which has been blocked on your ISP's server then do you think that your system would be able to get information about that page? But proxy works in most of the cases.

Except you have PHP distincted in your download actions ie in the Tools -> Options. In the Content tab, "Manage" where most likely it is a trouble on the server. Occasionally servers are not configured to send webpages with the scripting languages such as “.asp, .php or .py as HTML and as an alternative they are sent as binary files. Internet Explorer confirms the start of a file to observe whether the server is saying the reality and if it finds that it actually is an HTML file, it will display it in the browser.

If a file is provided with a different type of content and it is not displayed without any problem then it will request you what to do with requested file. In contrast, MSIE avoid the http standards, avoids the http header content-type, and moves further with its own best guess . As a result many server admins aren't even conscious of the dilemma if they are getting the files with the wrong content type.