Thread: Sporadically slow DNS in FF only under Win7 64-bit

Sporadically slow DNS in FF only under Win7 64-bit

I have encompassed curious tribulations in Firefox 3.5x series beneath Windows 7 64-bit. I am using the 32-bit official build 3.52 of FF for at present. When opening web-pages - solitary or multiple instantaneous - sometimes the DNS reaction takes an extended time. And merely in FF. The entire additional web-browsers and DNS quering submission that I have tried on this platform do not seem to exhibit this behavior.

Re: Sporadically slow DNS in FF only under Win7 64-bit

I have encompassed and tried the customary fixes. In this put out of action IPV6 DNS queries in regarding config. After that you have to put out of action or enlarge DNS accumulation size and expiration time. After that you have to flush local DNS accumulation. Subsequent to clear FF cache. Then you have to build a fresh innovative FF profile and hit it off the response time of the DNS servers I utilize / switch DNS servers (they are ok, so it's not a server side concern). Antivirus conflict (FF folder is in prohibiting folders, no live IP/web scanning, no firewall). Create certain additional DNS using programs (they work ok, so it comes into view not to be a system-wide issue affecting the entire DNS queries).

The funny obsession is that the tribulations seem to come and go. So, every DNS lookup from surrounded by FF is not sluggish, additional than each once in a at the same time as even actually big domain names that I have previously used several times during the similar session w/ fast replies, take everlastingly to get an reply from. Sometimes it takes more than a few seconds for the answer to come into view. Mind you, this is in addition not a rendering tribulations or a network speed issue. At the same time as the entire this occurs system CPU/disk/RAM etc load is extremely low, and there's plenty of bandwidth by means of low latency and neglible packet loss. It's immediately the name query that takes everlastingly to complete inside FF 3.5 (under Win7/64-bit).

In addition, the similar exact FF version or description setup was totally unproblematic beneath Windows XP 32-bit immediately some time ago. Additional than under Windows 7 64-bit there's some curious tribulations that I cannot pinpoint. Anyone else runs into this. Several ideas additional than what I have previously outlined above and tested for. BTW, I am working with FF3.5 in Win7 mode (NOT compatibility mode) and as a user by means of non-elevated permissions (i.e. not as system supervisor level). This is the defaulting behavior for Windows 7 - no permission changes completed by me.

I am having the precise similar difficulty, even though I am working by means of FF 3.5.2 on Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit.I have encompassed and tried a variety of strategies to fix this, other than the it maintain happening. I even went so far as to uninstall Firefox (eliminating the profile/settings, cleaning out registry, downloading fresh copy of FF as well as conservatory).This tribulations happens on the fly and on random websites similar to halcy, often on sites I have visited during the similar session. This difficulty in addition happens in Safe Mode, so I be familiar with it's not an extension. For me, this problem started when I did a clean install subsequent to having to wipe my hard drive and reinstall the OS as well as the entire of the applications.

Similar tribulations here, additional than merely on Windows7 64-bit, (RTM). At the same time as FF is trying to "locate the server" , if you hit refresh, this occasionally determine to send it on from side to side. Turning off Windows Firewall, putting out of action FF add-ons, extensions, and completely eliminating FF, (using REVO uninstaller), then clean install of FF - no change. IE8 and Chrome together work extremely well - on the similar sites at the similar time.

I have comprised in addition tried by-passing routers, altering dns servers, other than the tribulations tranquil surfaces on what seems to be random, (additional than additional frequently). I might be mistaken, additional than to me it seems this behavior immediately and the entire in excess of again - merely by means of FF 3.52. I, too, tried routing from side to side dissimilar DNS servers, adjusting various settings within Firefox. As I said, I even entirely uninstalled FF, containing wiping out profiles and settings, and starting by means of brand innovative installation, profiles, extensions, etc. As I said previous to, I get the similar conditions when working with in Safe Mode.