Thread: Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Window

Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Window

Recently I have upgraded to Windows 7 Home x64 from Windows Vista Home x64. Now the problem is that I can see a yellow shield on the normal Firefox icon. Whenever I try to launch the Firefox, I can see a pop up which says that this program does not have permission to run and my screen goes dim. Internet Explorer does not have such permission. Is there anyone who also has the same problem after upgrading to Windows7? Why it only affect the Firefox. Please give me the solution.

Re: Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Window

Your Firefox may not be running under Administration. You can follow the the simple steps to solve the issue. Here is the solution.
    1. Right-click on Firefox icon on desktop.
    2. Select Properties
    3. click on Advanced button.
    4. Check the checkbox (Run as administrator)

This will allow your browser to Run in administrator mode.

Hey, thank you very much for your suggestion. I was also having the same problem. I did the same setting to Firefox as you told. I run as admin by advance properties and this did the trick. Now I am able to run the Firefox but the shield is still there. I dont think that is important, at least it is better then having prompting for grant permission 15-25 times a day.

Nice to listen that now you have got your Firefox running and that is the main thing that you wanted. Now if you want the shield also to be remover from the desktop Firefox icon then you have to have to turn off UAC. After you are done with this then you have to restart your computer and you will find that the yellow shield is gone. After that reactive UAC and restart your computer again and you will find that the icon has fixed.

I was also having the same problem before because the Firefox did not have "Run as Adminintrator checked". But I solve the issue with the following steps:
    1. First browse to the program's EXE in the file structure. it may be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. This may differ from different computer.
    2. Select properties by right clicking on the file.
    3. now go to go to Compatibility tab, and select "Change settings for all users."
    4. Uncheck the "Run as administrator" box on this screen.

I am also getting some similar problem when I updated Firefox to 3.6. I get a pop up every time when I launch the application. UAC prompts me that if I would like to let the changes to my computer. The run as admin option is not selected in the shortcut. Anyone have the solution for this problem? Please help. Above posts does not helped me.

There may be problem with your Firefox Version. Uninstall the Firefox and reinstall it again. This may fix the problem. And if you are getting the problem again then you should download the latest version of the Firefox and install it in the place of your current Firefox version. I hope this will help you.