Thread: Problem to load citicards.com on Firefox with Linux

Problem to load citicards.com on Firefox with Linux

I am MSI laptop on which i have installed a dual boot operating system. One is Windows XP and another one is Linux. I am used to Mozilla Firefox on both the operating systems but there is one problem for loading citicards.com website. Actually this site opens without any problem in Firefox with windows but it is loading initially on linux but then ends with only white blank page. What could be the problem and why it is not opening only in Linux.

Re: Problem to load citicards.com on Firefox with Linux

On Linux, Firefox uses Cairo for its rendering since version 1.5. Currently Cairo is not accelerated by default, and try all available drivers makes no difference. To use hardware acceleration with Cairo, you must install the library Glitz. You should check that particular website is not asking for any kind of plng ins which needs to be downloaded on linux.

If you were capable to stack websites in anticipation of an updated Firefox, your anti virus software (including an internet security) is expected blocking your Firefox from linking to the Internet. Some Internet security programs can obstruct Internet use even when they are in a "disabled" state. Commonly, you must eliminate Firefox from your software list of recognized softwares, then insert it back.

If you connect to the Internet through a proxy server that is having connection problems, you will not be able to load websites. To check your Firefox proxy settings:
    1. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options...Preferences....
    2. Select the Advanced panel.
    3. Select the Network tab.
    4. In the Connection section, click Settings....
    5. Change your proxy settings:
    • If you don't connect to the Internet through a proxy (or don't know whether you connect through a proxy), select No Proxy.
    • If you connect to the Internet through a proxy, compare Firefox's settings to another browser's (Such as Internet Explorer. See Microsoft's guide to proxy settings)(Such as Safari. See Apple's guide to proxy settings).

6. Close the Connection Settings window.
    7. Click OK to close the Options window.

In fact, the problem of fixed assets can only arise when using a text justification. I have, more or less by accident, removed the justification, and this on several sites, and they all normally viewed now. Too bad, I prefer when it's justified. I am not very sturdy English, and have no bugzilla account, so if someone wants to take forward to bugzilla, it could be pretty good.