Thread: How to start Firefox without toolbar and menus

How to start Firefox without toolbar and menus

Is it probable to start Firefox by means of a specific URL by means of toolbar and menus put out of action. Background they have an intranet web submission, and I desire to create a shortcut on the desktop for the entire users, which opens the URL in an innovative window without toolbars and menus. If the user opens Firefox by means of the defaulting shortcut, then toolbars and menus be supposed to remain enabled.

Re: How to start Firefox without toolbar and menus

The ChromEdit conservatory is a User File Editor for the entire the major Mozillan submission which lets you edit userChrome.css, userContent.css and user.js from the reassure of your app, there is no prerequisite for you to be familiar with the position of your profile. The terrible fraction is that it does not run in Firefox 1.5 (bumping does not run by means of this one) and the instigator does not seem to be determining to fix it to run in Firefox 1.5.

Other than it does not solve my tribulations. You are right, Firefox is defaulting browser and the platform is windows. I do not desire to modify the defaulting give the impression of being of the browser it be supposed to remain by means of toolbars and windows when started by means of the defaulting shortcut. I desire generate a desktop shortcut to our intranet submission which be supposed to open a window without toolbars and menus - immediately similar to the javascript code window.open("http://192.168.1.1/myapp","myapp",toolbar=0,menubar=0) would do.

One of my prevalent aggravations is when I get a program set up the method I similar to and then it breaks. This was the current case by means of Firefox 2.0. I started the browser merely to observe that one of my toolbars was blank. You might observe Firefox had allocated the space, additional than there were no toolbar buttons. Providentially, Firefox has a rapid fix for missing tool bars. My premature tries at fixing the tribulations did not run. I tried toggling the toolbar on and off in the View menu. I even rebooted my system as that often clears numerous types of tribulations. Regardless of what I tried, my Firefox toolbar was tranquil blank as the screen snap.

Safe mode is an expression you hear by means of numerous software programs or operating systems. The tribulations are the name is not correct. It leads a number of people to believe that “safe mode” is some method to run a submission in a secure mode and free from vulnerabilities. Not true. As an alternative, safe mode is a technique to start a program without the entire the bells and whistles. For Firefox, the program determines to load without your conservatory, toolbars, and additional preferences. In essence, you are safe guarding Firefox from the entire the extraneous items they like to add which be able to cause tribulations.

For this you have to close the entire instances of Firefox. Subsequent to that you have to hit it off the Start button in the lower left. From the Start menu, choose Run. In the Run dialog box, you have to type Firefox -safe-mode. At the end you have to hit it off OK. Once you establish Firefox in safe mode, it opens a Firefox Safe Mode dialog by means of additional alternative. Most of the alternative deal by means of resetting items. In my case, I required the alternative “Reset toolbars and controls” and hit it off create Changes and Restart. When Firefox restarted, my toolbar was restored and you might observe the buttons on my del.icio.us toolbar.

You might encompass the Navigation Toolbar hidden. For this you have to hit it off the Firefox View menu, choose the Toolbars sub-menu. If there is not a make sure mark next to Navigation Toolbar, hit it off on it to put a make sure mark by it. To position the toolbar buttons back into their defaulting places. First you have to hit it off the Firefox View menu, and then choose the Toolbars sub-menu, and then hit it off the modify. Item to open the Customize Toolbar window. Hit it off Restore Default Set and after that you have to hit it off finished to dismiss the Customize Toolbars window. The defaulting toolbar buttons be supposed to at present come into view in their defaulting locations. If you would similar to rearrange your toolbar items, observe how to modify the toolbar. If your toolbar buttons are tranquil missing, continue to the next section.