Thread: Adobe DLM installed after Adobe update

Adobe DLM installed after Adobe update

I am having Windows 7 on my system. I do not love using the Internet Explorer. I love to use Mozilla Firefox. It is simply great. Right now I am using the latest version of Firefox, and I have found nothing wrong with it yet. Last time when I was browsing on the internet I went for updating the Adobe Flash, as on some of the Flash sites I was finding some difficulties. After the updates I found that something had accompanied it. It was Adobe DLM a refined tool for well-organized distribution of digital goods. What is this? Anyone here to have words on this.

Re: Adobe DLM installed after Adobe update

According to me the Firefox version that you are using is not the latest one. Please check if this is the case. The reason that Adobe DLM accompanied was that the browser was not updated. If the browser would have been updated then it might would have not accompanied. Regarding, Adobe DLM, it is Adobe DownLoad Manager. Once Adobe DLM is downloaded it will first ask to close the browser, and after that it will download the program that was attempted to download.

Well I do not think that I am using the old version of Firefox. I am using Firefox 3.9, and I think that this is the latest one. OK, let it be, I do not have the problem with Firefox browser, my problem is the guest(Adobe DLM) that accompanied the updates for Adobe Flash. Is there a way so, that I can get rid of this Adobe DLM. I simply do not want to use it. Will it cause problem in the future. Any suggestions.

Firefox version 3.9 is not the latest one my friend, I think that you slipped on the Firefox version 4. I do not have much information regarding this version but I just felt the need to inform you that version 3.9 is not the latest one. Now, for uninstalling Adobe DLM. You can uninstall it, it totally depends on you. Adobe DLM is not the part of the standard installation of Firefox. Hope that you will find this somewhat useful.

I have also come across this situation. I came across this when I was using the older version of Firefox. When I went for playing the files on the Flash page it asked me to download an extension. It actually wanted to install the Adobe DLM extension. I went for it and then when the progress bar was progressing, it suddenly disappeared. After this the DLM launches itself and starts installing the new Flash. Then it asks for the restart. But when restarted the Adobe DLM was no where in the frame.I was only able to get this work when I installed the latest version of the browser. I think that when you will get the latest browser you will, get the problem rectified by itself.

You should go rather for the fresh installation of the browser itself. I would suggest you to uninstall Firefox and every thing with it like add-on and plugins. You can simply so this by going to the Control Panel and then to the Add or Remove Programs if you are using Windows XP, or in Programs and Features for Windows Vista or Windows 7. Before doing anything experimental, you can go for the fresh installation as the first option.