Thread: Deleting Apple Mail Attachments Does Not Work

Deleting Apple Mail Attachments Does Not Work

I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.17. When i receive an Email attachment send from Apple Client and try to delete it, it will so the process is getting completed but the attachment remain not deleted. I can not detach them either. I am facing this problem when the attachment is send from Apple mail. Is any one else is facing the same problem and have any solution to solve this issue.
    Thank you.

Re: Deleting Apple Mail Attachments Does Not Work

Compacting should be done on regular basis. How recently you campact your folder? If you are not compacting your folder regularly then this will lead to such problem. When compacting is done often then it can be a fast process. And you were doing compacting and this does not solve your problem then do this. Close the Thunderbird and find the files with .msf extension in your profile folder and delete all this file. Compact all your folder when you have done this thing.

Follow this trick to further avoid all this problem when using Thunderbird. Do not use default profile name you can change the name of this profile with the Profile manager. see to it that you Anti-virus is not configured to delete your Inbox.Don't keep a copy of your messages on the POP server without providing some way to automatically get rid of them later on. Move new message to child folder and try to keep the Inbox Empty. Try to regularly compact your folder ans Try to regularly backup your profile.
    Do this if you are using windows.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Thank you for your suggestion. Mostly i compact my files twice or thrice in a day. And i had tried all the file with .msf extension. But even now i am unable to delete the attachment. i am facing this from from the time when i installed Thunderbird and i notice that this is happening with the attachment that are send from Apple Mail. The attachment i mostly want to delete are .pdf and .doc file. When i select Right click and select the delete option i receive the warning message do you want to continue. Attachment list get cleared but the attachment is not deleted. Any other solution?