Thread: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server Problem?

Unable to authenticate to SMTP server Problem?

I am facing a problem in sending e-mail. From last week i am getting the below mentioned error saying that "sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server smtp.comcast.net. The server does not support any compatible secure authentication mechanism but you have chosen secure authentication. Try switching off secure authentication or contact your service provider." I tried what is being given but i am still facing the same problem. The problem i am having is that i am receiving e-mail from other but i am unable to send the e-mail. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server Problem?

I think there might me some changes in server configuration. See to it that you have switched it off to correct place on the bottom page in account setting(to open account setting from the tool menu depending on your OS and Mozilla application). And make sure that the port and the security setting are correct. And see that you have switched off the correct server. I can connect on port 465 with SSL.

Thanks now mu E-mail is working fine. The problem i found is that i went in the server setting and the security box was not checked. I look to outgoing server and secure connection shows yes. I just edit it ti No and Email is fine now. I have not make any changes in the setting but i have updated it to new version and i think then the setting is got change automatically. Ans i do not have any idea about the confirmation check box, tell me if the conformation process need to be change.

I have recently installed a Thunderbird on my Mac a few month. I am working as an editor so i need random access to my Email. but last night i was unable to authenticate to comcast message.I was unable to send message. So i turn off the authentication process and it is now working fine. I have an account on Earthlink my question is that SSL protection i get between the two are all the way extent to earthlink. Give information.