Thread: Fast Thunderbird IMAP Search?

Fast Thunderbird IMAP Search?

In my IMAP in-box i have large amount of emails and want quick search for the emails using the header information of emails like to, from, subject, etc. but Thunderbird take much time and sometimes it never finishes the search which create problem. Is there any other option of message client which can be used to replace thunderbird as it process slower.
    Last edited by KADEEM; 18-09-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Re: Fast Thunderbird IMAP Search?

You might be using the older version of Thunderbird so you can move to the latest and advance as Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.3 which may fix your problem with the speed of searching emails on IMAP server. the latest version is easier to Upgrade from older Thunderbird and other email clients like Outlook and Outlook Express which are other email client. so i suggest you to move to latest version for better performance and fast speed for search.

Other option which you can use as the email client to replace thunderbird can be Outlook Express but in it search involves certain extra steps. but the Outlook Express search is faster as compare to thunderbird and it is accurate also on huge email database where as the Thunderbird search is quit slower on large emails. so you can move to Outlook Express as your email client.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Outlook Express searches for the messages that are cached on client so it is quicker . if you are looking for new messages on the IMAP server but if OE have not yet downloaded those messages then you are not able to see that message in the search that's why OE is much quicker. but you have to add all the folders to the server before searching for emails which is time consuming. if this is done than searches are faster as files are just within files local to OE so the results are processed faster.

To improve the speed the search in Thunderbird you can do that in two ways as : you have the quick search box as single line at the top of toolbar then select and right click on a folder and select the search option. then it also provide more option to speed up the search, thus you may speeding searching emails using Thunderbird.